Status
Not open for further replies.
The doctor looked at me and essentially said I don't see there being any way you have a motor neuron disease at all which was comforting given his expertise. He helps run a clinic for about 15 patients so he knows the symptoms and I trust him in that regard but you can't shake the fact that this is all happening. He word for word said, "this should have no impact on your life. I still expect you to live a full one. I can't promise you you won't get ALS sir cancer when you're 45 but I don't see anything now"

As for now he ordered a lot more blood work and they're working on figuring out if has anything to do with the fact I've traveled around the world over the last two years.

He says that at this point he believes it's BFCS which would be tough to explain the hand issues though and the weak joints and slight limp. Don't worry when I say I'm not searching for this disease. I wish I never stumbled upon these things. I'm just somebody who wants to get better. I've always been absurdly in shape so this is all coming at a bit of a difficulty.

The only reason I'm still here (I'm stopping reading everything else on this forum and watching anything else to give my mind a break) is because I hope someone somehow experienced symptoms similar to mine and has some valuable insight. I know you're not doctors but I'm just a young guy who wants some answers.

RightRounds, I ask you to read what you said to us, encapsulated in my own words, here:

1. Your neuro doc watched how you walked, talked and carried yourself in the exam room. He used the latest tools and tests and said "not ALS."
2. So you've decided to continue looking into ALS.

See anything illogical there?

If you have a problematic disease, you could work with your GP medical doctor to determine which specialties need to be consulted, to find the answer.
But every minute you think about ALS is a minute you're not trying to find out what the problem really is.

And frankly, since you really can't do anything about it until you see your GP, you may as well enjoy the evening, live life to the fullest, and see the doc Monday.

We aren't doctors. We know ALS pretty well, though. The totality of your posts say you forgot to turn off your ALS-meter after the doctor cleared you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back