Other
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
Hey Yall!

Really hope I'm not supposed to be here, but I have a few questions. Little over a year ago I started getting twitches all throughout my body. Shortly after, my right leg began to feel funny. At about the same time, my right foot started getting these really fast twitches and cramp like feelings at night. That eventually went away but the weird feelings and my leg continued and the twitching seem to get worse. Then I started getting these feelings like running ants in my buttocks. My leg started to feel fatigued especially my calf. Even with walking or standing on it at all it just felt really tired. My calf often feels pretty tight, and my knee hurts I think it's because my leg is weak. My leg also falls asleep, at least that's how it feels. And at times my outer foot feels a weird kind of numb. Sensation is there but it just feels, weird.

Now I'm limping, and that started maybe four months ago but strangely it seems worse some days than others which seems to point away from ALS right? The weird part about the lamp though, is that I can do calf raises I can run I can do all these things, but walking just isn't smooth, it's like I can't push off with my right foot. My hips don't seem to move smoothly when walking.

Also, in the last month or so my right hand and wrist have been acting up. I have wrist pain and stiffness, thenar muscles soreness, and pain in my forearm, usually happens with wrist movement. My palm and thenar area has been twitching mad lately as well.

I'm not very ALS educated and only heard of it last summer during the ice bucket challenge,but does any of this sound like cause for concern? I'm a 22 year old male and my life is just beginning, I'm afraid of these symptoms and what could be causing them.

I really appreciate all responses as I know it is difficult for those of you with significant deficits to reply. I feel ashamed for coming here for answers but I feel that Yall are the best source of accurate info.

Also wanted to stress, the fatigue I get in my leg is extreme. It's kinda like this lactic acid type burn you get when you've climbed a mountain. It sucks. My arm also gets a similar fatigue when I raise it above my head to do things. Weird through, as some days this fatigue isn't there. How could that be?

Also wanted to stress, the fatigue I get in my leg is extreme. It's kinda like this lactic acid type burn you get when you've climbed a mountain. It sucks. My arm also gets a similar fatigue when I raise it above my head to do things. Weird through, as some days this fatigue isn't there. How could that be?

Greg, it is because you don't have ALS. None of your symptoms match. Go have a good life,son!

Please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

Most of your questions will be answered there. If they're not answered, then ask here.

You'll see that much of what you describe has nothing to do with als.

:^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back