00/0000
Country
US
State
MS
City
COLUMBUS
Thank you for your time.

I've had twitching on arms, legs, chest since 2019. Wasn't really concerned based on the information I looked up. Fast forward a few years and my issues seem to spiral. I am scheduled to see a Neurologist as soon as they get an opening. EMG of upper limbs was normal although I did have denervation in my c5-c6 nerves. I have had brain scans which were normal and Cervical MRI's in my neck which were abnormal. Attached is the EMG result from 21 and MRI from 21. My Jan 23 MRI shows c4-c7 Severe Bilateral Foraminal Stenosis in the neck. I do have atrophy in my elbow region. Should I be concerned? Thank you for your help.
EMG.jpg
MRI 2.jpg

I would not be concerned at all about MND. The results are consistent with the diagnostic notes re: cervical compression/radiculopathy. With MND, the EMG would have shown denervation in multiple muscles along with positive sine waves, fibrillations, etc.

Thank you Kevin. I will look at options for my cervical spine region.

When you see the neurologist, and I agree that ALS is not on the table, you might ask about a PT evaluation for your c-spine. That is usually the first step before more aggressive treatment.

It seems like your doctors are diagnosing correctly and you might be best to work with them on the approach they feel is appropriate to this now. I know it is really tempting to get online and research things yourself, but already it is taking you in a direction that doesn't match the examination and test results.

All the best with working on this.

Thank you. I attached the emg chart that matches with my Foraminal Stenosis.

Attachments

• EFFFA608-CB9A-4947-878A-EFF428F27A80.jpeg
    EFFFA608-CB9A-4947-878A-EFF428F27A80.jpeg
    927 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back