Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ALS, so please, as asked already, update AFTER your EMG. Don't just say you'll update then, and then continue to post non-ALS symptoms. Update AFTER your EMG. You'll be cleared of ALS, but will you actually believe them? I'm doubtful.

That's great and please do update after the EMG.
They are a tool used to diagnose a really wide range of disease and injury processes. Having an EMG doesn't mean they are sure you have ALS.

I hope you get the results we expect and they find something treatable so you can get back to health.

Just had my followup with my neurologist. She stated that all of my muscles that tested were “abnormal” but the NCS was normal. She said that she was about to send me to a ALS clinic but wanted to try the B12 injections again and do those at a higher frequency for a few weeks then monthly and follow up with me in July. I asked for a copy of my results but didn’t get any response. So I don’t know any more than that. So I still don’t have any definitive answers. Thanks to everyone for your support and especially to Affected. I think I am going to look for another neurologist that I can communicate better with though.

If there is a patient portal the results should be there. They are required to make test results available in a timely manner

abnormal is vague as emgs can be abnormal in many ways.

Thanks. There is no patient portal. And yes it is very vague. Everything she had was printouts and I specifically asked for the results of my tests. I am going to ask my primary care doc for them to request my results since I did see those results coupled in her stack of paperwork. My primary care doctor has a patient portal but not her.

However you end up seeing them, at least take photos of the printouts, if they won't make you a copy (which actually by law even if for a fee they are supposed to at your request). Same for your chart notes. You should have everything together because clinicians that see you for the first time don't always.

You can de-identify the printout of the tables and report and upload it here if you like.

Waiting to see what B12 injections do if you are really being referred to an ALS clinic makes no sense to me. If there is really suspicion of MND in the EMG report, I would just make a nuisance of yourself until they refer you to UAB or Emory. If not, you can certainly consider a new neurologist as you say, to follow up whatever the findings were.

I am not being referred. She wants to put me on B12 and watch my condition. If no improvement then refer me out. She was about to refer me yesterday but she decided to give the B12 a shot. Sorry if I was being confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back