warren45457

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello,

I am a 20-year-old male concerned because I visited "Dr. Google." I've read the forums, but I am trying to get other perspectives.

For a while, I've had shaky hands and issues staying asleep. A few weeks ago, I started getting twitching in my right calf that then started hurting. The twitching, while now eased up some, is now throughout my body, but it is concentrated in my right calf and now left thigh (it comes and goes throughout the day). I went to my GP and he told me there was a 0% chance I have ALS. Instead, he said I have ADHD (because I have issues concentrating), IBS, and lactose intolerance. Now, I have a loss of appetite and been losing weight since I haven't been eating a lot because I've been panicking. In addition, my throat has been bothering me (I have acid reflux), my neck, back, and fingers feel stiff at times, and my joints hurt sometimes. I feel like I can't open things either now and I drop things sometimes. I love school, but now I can't concentrate on anything else but my concerns. I'm not sure if it is all related to anxiety and stress, but I hope y'all can give me another perspective.

I've been trying to get into a counselor because I'm not sure if it is related to health and general anxiety, but my doctor hasn't prescribed me medicine to help. He doesn't believe there is anything major going on besides a little anxiety. He just tells me to workout, but it doesn't do much to help. I have school and work a lot, in multiple honors programs, and volunteer. I'm just super concerned. My doctor did blood work and urine analyses that came back good too.

Hi Warren, you are on the right track to get into a counselor, even with a televisit, which are usually accessible if you scout around. Bottom line: I think you answered your own question, you got Google-stressed, and it's mushrooming. You can break the cycle, but it may take some help. Since meds have side effects, especially if you're not eating (try a non-dairy protein smoothie to get some calories if you need them), counseling is a good place to start, sometimes even talking with someone you trust, who can check you.

You don't have ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much for your response, it is very relieving. My cheeks have been tense and hurting from shaking a lot. My calf continues to hurt when I walk a lot or exercise so I am suppose to visit the doctor again in a month.

Once again, thank you for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back