Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
Greetings. I am a 34F and mom of 3. I've been dealing with odd symptoms since injuring my back in August.

Initially, I realized I was leaking urine and had a lumbar MRI, which was clear. My hands started to tingle and a week after the injury, I lost feeling in my lower body. I went to the ER and then to my primary. Bloodwork revealed a potassium and phosphorus deficiency, and a brain MRI revealed a cyst on my pineal gland. My electrolyte levels seemed to back to normal after taking a Rx.

I started experiencing numbing, burning, and tingling at different times. A neurosurgeon ordered MRIs of my neck and spine, which were clear.

I returned to my primary last week after experiencing buzzing in my lips, fingers, and tongue and also noticing weakness in my left arm. My fingers have started trembling and shaking, and my left leg shakes more and has trouble balancing. He commented that my hamstrings seemed weak and said I needed to see a neurologist. After my visit, I looked at my tongue and realized it was undulating and is scalloped. It looks like videos of ALS patients I've seen. I believe this is the cause of the buzzing I've felt in my tongue, and it feels like it's happening constantly. It moves even when I try to keep it at rest. I haven't noticed any slurring of speech, but my mouth has started to quiver when I open it or try to smile. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the tongue fasciculations could be signaling Bulbar?

Hello again. I'm currently waiting to hear from my primary about my neurology appointment. I've noticed more concerning symptoms. My left foot pad muscle has become much smaller than my right and seems to be causing the issue with my balance. Prior to this, my left side was my stronger side for balance, but I can tell my foot base is compromised, and it's hard to stay on my toes. I'm also getting more twitches on my left calf, thigh, and bicep. My right side seems unaffected. My tongue also dents in on both sides. Does anyone have any input on how this sounds?

It sounds like a neurology visit is a good idea, and it's worth noting that pineal cysts (which can be removed) are increasingly recognized as potentially responsible for a variety of neuropsychiatric symptoms, but it does not sound like ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back