Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Willoughby
I have had all over muscle twitching for about 3 months. Muscle cramps and tightness in ankles. Pain in knees and ankles. Numbness all over..MRI showing white matter changes that could point to MS in a “clinical setting “. Clean EMG..thumb and pointer finger not working quite right. Weakness in knees. Dent in calf muscle with twitching in that area. I am just not convinced I don’t have ALS. Worried they didn’t test the right muscles.

pain. Numbness symptoms in multiple places. Clean emg. Not ALS. they know where to test and if you had ALS affecting both legs and a hand your emg would be abnormal everywhere.
sensory symptoms aren’t ALS neither is having symptoms in multiple places at the start.
maybe you have MS. The doctor will have to decide but if you do there are a number of great treatments to try. You are in the wrong place. Lucky you!

Thank you. Does seem like MS. Numbness not a sign of ALS but twitching not a sign of MS so I am stumped. Getting lumbar puncture next week so we will see.

People with MS twitch. I personally know some who do. But healthy people twitch too. It is very nonspecific

My sensory symptoms are fading and lumbar negative for MS. Have weakness (not clinical) but no failure as of yet. Very brisk knee reflexes and absent ankle reflexes. Had EMG yesterday and he said there was activity in two of my back muscles (he said should be “quiet” )..all other muscles ok. He said may be too early for ALS to show on EMG and to come back in 6 months. Been twitching since October and is increasing significantly in both feet. Pain in ankles is due to spasms. I am convinced I have ALS and hoping you can shed some light. How soon after twitching will EMG abnormal? Doctor said can be 6 months?

weakness causing failure (things I couldn't do) are what led me to the doctor and als diagnosis. mine was caught early, but there was still clinical weakness and failures.

I don't think you have als, but I reccognize and empathize with how awful it is to have to do the wait-and-see thing. But, even if you had als and were diagnosed today it wouldnt change anything. you dont need any supports to function. in that sense a 6 month wait really doesnt matter.

Both of my feet twitch 24/7 for 3.5 months. Weakness but not clinical weakness. If EMG is done in the twitching spots would it show this early ? And I know sensory symptoms are uncommon but not impossible?

Twitching means NOTHING and EMG can't be done 'too early'. You don't show signs of ALS, you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back