Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Hello all. I've had a few of what I believe could be ALS-like symptoms. I was wondering what others might think.

I've had muscle twitches for what I believe to be 4 months now. It started off in just my arms and calves, but after a while they seemed to spread to other parts of my body, such as my face, neck, shoulders, chest, abdomen, back, and feet.

I've also had difficulty breathing over the last couple months, which only seems to worsen. I can't complete seemingly basic tasks without getting out of breath. It is hard to breathe when I am lying down. I also cannot take full breaths when I am lying on my left side, and haven't been able to lay on it for a couple of months. There is a feeling of weakness in my chest that I can't exactly put into words. I've also had a problem with increased heartbeat lately. I also cannot complete basic tasks (such as traveling to another room) without my heart rate speeding up immensely. It is also quite fast while I am at rest.

Another problem I've had is a throat tightening/lump in throat type feeling. I am aware this can be a symptom of anxiety, however, I began experiencing it a couple months ago, at a time before I even considered something like ALS.

Another seemingly notable symptom is my poor balance. I've noticed (and so have others around me) the fact that I have been stumbling randomly, and losing my balance quite often, which has never been much of an issue for me before.

Since researching this topic, I've also checked for tongue fasciculations. I feel like I'm going a bit overboard by mentioning this, but the movement of my tongue does resemble that of ALS patients from videos that I've seen.

There are a couple more symptoms but I can't seem to think of them as I've had a bit of a brain fog recently. The factor that makes all of this a bit questionable to me is that I am only an 18 year old female, a couple months shy of 19. Any insight would definitely be appreciated, and my apologies if I am blowing things out of proportion.

My insight is, if you're having problems breathing and feel your heart is racing, see your primary care doc. That's about it. The rest in terms of age, twitches and your tongue is filler.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back