Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Monroe
Hi sorry to bother but I have been worrying I have als for a few months now. I am a 32 male and I have been having muscle twitch all over my body. Some days it’ll be in my right arm or leg and other it will be on my left or my chest or foot or finger. I can some times see them but I can always feel them. A few times lately i have seen my tongue twitch and I think I can feel it I just can’t get to a mirror fast enough to check what I feel. I also feel like my right side isn’t as strong as it was before and sometimes I feel like my balance is off. Lately I have been swilling my saliva a lot, almost every couple of mins and when I drink water I can hear a gurgle. Some days I’ll wake up with headache and my wife said I breath from my mouth when I sleep. I’ve been to a neurologist who has order a emg and a mri but they aren’t until next month. Thank you for any input

Please if anyone can help. I’ve been having these twitch everyday just recently it was in my wrist and it lasted for about 8-10 sec.

She didn’t say it was anything she just asked me questions and then said to get an mri and an emg. I’m just nervous because when ever I look up my symptoms it leads back to als. The muscle twitch’s has me the most worried because it’s everyday a few times a day. This week it’s in my right elbow and few spots on my left leg. I’m sorry it’s been driving me crazy

I’m so sorry you’re going through the stress of waiting. I completely understand how that feels. You’ll know so much more once the MRI and EMG are completed. Neurological issues are notoriously an extremely long diagnosis problem. Hopefully you don’t have ALS (only a neurologist will be able to tell you for sure), but even if it is, you’ll have this group to come back to and there are lots of groups on social media that can be supportive as well. Hang in there! I know a month feels like a long time to wait, but it will be here before you know it!

Yeah it’s killing me but if anyone else can maybe give me some reassurance that would be great. All the symptoms I have keep leading me back to als

The come/go, all-over, spot here-spot-there, this-week vs. last-week symptoms you report are not at all suggestive of ALS onset. I don't know why you are jumping to that. Stay off Google.

If your wife reports your breathing while asleep has changed and you have significant daytime sleepiness, you might ask about a sleep study while you wait for the appointment, which I am sure will be reassuring. You might also try a nasal steroid or oral antihistamine empirically.

Best,
Laurie

As Laurie said, your symptoms simply do not align with ALS. ALS doesn't come and go and twitches mean squat. Failure is the defining factor with ALS, along with clinical findings. You have neither, so please let this give you peace of mind.

You can let the next month contribute to you falling prey to your unfounded fear, or you can keep yourself busy, spend time with your wife, and enjoy the fall days. When you get that EMG, I'm more than confident that you'll be cleared of ALS.

Please post back next month after you get your results.

Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back