NoNoNo2022

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to make a post because I’m being emotionally consumed that I have a serious neuro condition that is affecting my motor abilities.

I’m a 27 year old guy and since mid March 2022 I’ve been noticing scary symptoms.

It started six months ago in January with sleeping problems. I’d jerk awake and not be able to go back to sleep. Several weeks later I caught Covid and I had lingering symptoms for 2 months.

In March I started noticing my hand tremoring. I initially though I had Parkinson’s but now I’m concerned it’s ALS.

At first it was only affecting my left hand but I noticed the tremor was mainly caused by the muscle below my left pinky seriously twitching. Then it spread to my left side of my face and my face has been twitching and has been in pain as well. The soreness is like of overuse of the muscle. Same with my left hand. It will cramp up and become slower.

About three weeks ago, my left leg started cramping up and is now seriously twitching as well. I can still walk but it’s weird. No foot drop yet but I’m scared all of these symptoms will progress into complete disuse and I will no longer be able to use my body.

About one week ago my right hand has now started to have problems. Now my right hand is cramping and having issues with movement to now it feels slow and weak.

My grip with my hands is still good and I haven’t dropped anything but I’m afraid things will progress to that. All my symptoms have been moving so fast that I’m scared something is seriously wrong with me.

I have seen a neurologist who said I passed his motor exam and nothing stood out but would still like to do an MRI and EMG.

However my anxiety is literally killing me. I can’t shake that I have ALS.

I would appreciate anyones insight if they have some. I’m trying to hold out hope but I don’t have any left.

Hi there-

Make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

I would also like to note that Covid causes sometimes long term neuro issues, some of them severe enough to affect people's daily activities and quality of life. While you list a variety of symptoms, a neurologist would not see ALS in that combination as there are several issues that point away from ALS. As you will read in the link provided above, ALS does not present like this, so you will have to keep working with your doctor to track down the cause.

Please take care

Thank you for your quick response. I’ve read the link above and it does give me better insight in how ALS progresses however don’t my symptoms resemble the condition? I know not everyone presents the same way.

Nope! It's pretty clear you have some non ALS things going on. Keep working with your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back