user667894

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi everyone,

Coming here to hopefully provide some comfort to my wife who has been going through a tough time with symptoms she feels are in line with ALS.

This all started with some muscle twitching followed but some internet research which didn’t help. He twitches we’re in different places in her body not just one spot. She described having a buzzing feeling at times as well. 3 times in the last 4 days she has had very brief instances(less than 10 seconds) of not being able to move her tongue and it is very scary for her. And also she feels that her arm is delayed in response time.

The arm delay and tongue issue occurred after getting her 1st covid vaccine so not sure if that complicates things.

She had a visit with her GP and was told everything seemed okay with reflexes and strength but still recommend her to see the neurologist.

Are these symptoms consistent with ALS? Do ALS symptoms come and go like this right at the beginning?

Thank you all in advance for the replies

No/No. I expect the neurology exam will be reassuring as regards ALS. The Internet research could have some physical effects, not to mention mental, so I would try to help her be outside, etc. instead of googling.

Best,
Laurie

If you have a really good read here you will see that twitching means nothing and you can hopefully work with her doctor in helping her through this. The short answer is no, as her GP said, and hopefully a neurologist will help you both figure things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back