Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
First of all I just want to thank you all so much for responding and hearing us out concerning our health issues.
I’m 39 years old and my symptoms started in February with tingling and numbness in my feet, hands, face and legs. My family dr ordered bloodwork and a MRI w contrast to make sure all was ok. All turned out to be fine but I was still having symptoms so she referred me to a neurologist.
In between that time I started having all over muscle twitching, buzzing like feeling/tremor feeling, arm pain, soreness like arms are tired worn out feeling. Also my tongue would hurt which I thought was so odd but it would ache and my jaw would too. To me this just doesn’t seem right at all.
In March I finally was able to see my neuro which said it may be small fiber neuropathy and also I would need to work on getting my a1c down because I am a borderline diabetic. Before it was a 6.5 and now it’s at 5.8 so I’m trying my best to get it down but my symptoms are still there and I’m really afraid. I am scheduled for and an EMG in June. The waiting part can be the worst.

Hi there- please read here: Read Before Posting

It seems like you already have a diagnosis and recommendations to mitigate symptoms. You should also be reassured by the link above, as you do not report a pattern of symptoms that would give a doctor cause for ALS concern.

Please let us know your EMG results, it always helps those who come after to see positive news.

Take care

Thank you for your reply. I will update when I get results.

You might also ask your dentist if you could use a night guard to rest your jaw at night. I agree there is no reason to think of ALS in your context.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back