Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
City
Paris
Hello to all,

I would like to thank you for this forum where you answer our questions with such generosity.

I am very worried about the symptoms of my mother who is 57 years old, soon to be 58, symptoms that have been going on for over a month.

She tells me that her thumb moves alone on her right hand and that she has lost strength in that same hand. Indeed, when I ask her to squeeze my hand, her right hand has less strength than the left.
She tells me that she feels tingling in her fingers but this is inconstant. She also says that she sometimes wakes up at night with pain.
Since 1 month she uses her right hand less and drops some objects. She tells me that she feels as if some of her fingers are "frozen".

I made an appointment with a neurologist for her but it is not for another month.
I am very concerned and ask if these symptoms are indicative of something that needs to be taken seriously. I have asked my doctor and at first he says that it could be carpal tunnel syndrome.
I have not noticed any muscle atrophy on his hand except for the lack of strength.

I thank you very much for your answers and wish you a very good day and all the best.

Hector

Hello Hector-

It's not clear if your mother has been to a doctor for an exam yet or not. That would be the place to start to make sure a neurologist is the right person to visit.

Hi,
Sorry.
The medical visit with a neurologist is in two weeks. I took the rendez-vous for her.

Update: it is carpal tunnel. abnormalities were found in nerve conduction velocity, no other abnormalities on EMG. The best to you. Hector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back