Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
To start this off god bless every single one of you diagnosed, I’m sure this is difficult answering hypochondriacs on this forum, I really resisted posting but have had concerning symptoms.

I’ve had a pretty extensive EMG they tested feet, hands, arms, legs trapezius muscle. The problem is I’m having huge twitches still which wasn’t really bothering me cause I know a little from what I read clean EMG is great. I’m just worried my tongue is twitching... I want to put this to bed if there is something wrong I’d rather know sooner then later.

I find myself losing some drool sometimes. Not sure if it’s from hypersalvation which I know isn’t an early symptom. I have no slurred speech minor, difficulty swallowing but intense tongue pain. Kind of what set this whole deal off tongue pain then large twitches. Last night I bite my tongue hard sleeping.

I guess I’m just seeking reassurance. I had hyper reflexes symmetrical. I just don’t know if trapezius is enough for bulbar as I first had twitching in my upper lip and then tongue pain that has lasted several weeks on and off, then fasculations of the tongue. More noticeable when I stick it out and tighten the muscle, it’s wiggling all over. Should I pursue an emg of tongue I’m only 24 years old?

I wish nobody had to deal with this I have no family history. I just want to know your opinion about pursuing emg of tongue or facial muscles concerning bulbar onset. I have tmj of the jaw so my chewing muscles are fatiguable in that aspect. Just the swallowing troubles were worrisome and the twitching really looks concerning to me.

Thank You all for your time. I truly want to contribute to the cause and help patients if I’m lucky enough to not have it or even so I still want to help

Last edited by a moderator:
Biting your tongue or the inside of your cheek is one of those things that can happen a couple of times in a row and then subside entirely. Make sure you are hydrated. Tongue pain can relate to dry mouth, allergies, GERD, eating foods that bother you (esp. acidic or rough-textured), etc.

I see no reason to go through an EMG of the tongue. If you had ALS, it would have showed up somewhere else in the EMG. And it does not start as you've described. Since you have a jaw problem, you will also want to make sure you have a good night guard to use, that your dentist can have made.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much for taking the time and responding to me. I really do appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back