Concerned about my symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your guys help. I am trying to enjoy my children and worry less.

I know you guys have answered a lot of my questions, but I am struggling right now. Within the past week my right hand is getting worse. It is getting harder to write and feels like I cannot get a good grip it still feels weaker than my other hand and feels tired all the way into my arm and shoulder. I know you don’t feel it’s failing but I still don’t understand how you wouldn’t feel it getting worse before it just stops working. I am also getting visible twitches in my palm when I hold all my fingers together. I won’t get any answers until December and at this point I feel it’s just getting worse and the twitches are in my arm just as bad now and still in my calf.

IF your hand is truly weak there are many other more likely causes. Only your doctor can help you.

Feel, feel, feel. All that "feeling" points right away from ALS. Yes, one really has a something that just stops working when it is ALS and you don't have that. Time to move on. And no, folks with ALS are struggling, you are choosing to struggle so please do not be so hyperbolic.

Time to go to your doc with your "struggles"

The fact that you can write...
"I still don’t understand how you wouldn’t feel it getting worse before it just stops working"
...means that everything is still working, and that's not true in ALS.

You can see your PCP before December, get your strength tested, and be examined to rule out some common overuse and pressure injuries. You can even ask about a PT evaluation. That would be much more constructive than asking us to diagnose you from afar.

What we can say, again, is that you're not describing ALS.

I appreciate all the replies. I understand if it’s still working it doesn’t mean ALS, but i have read a lot of the times people struggle with things and then it finally reaches the point of not being able to do it and that’s what I’m concerned about and with the ongoing twitches it is scary to me. I am praying it is my anxiety . I have asked my PCP if there’s anything else he can do till I see the neuro and he said no.

Thank you all for your help

Stop reading, then, because what you're reading is wrong. And maybe it's time to find a PCP with more to offer.

Yes, health anxiety such as what you are manifesting, is both serious and treatable. Closing this thread so you can focus on what's in front of you -- finding someone who can help you with that. Also, if you can report back after you see the neuro, it does help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back