Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Arizona
City
Tucson
Hello all. I am here to ask a few questions. I have been having issues with my left hand. It has a weak sensation and it is my dominant hand. My right hand can hold things just fine and barely notice. If I hold it with my left hand I notice heaviness and my hand shakes. My fingers on my left hand seem to be losing dexterity and this hand also cramps a lot when writing or using a car wash sprayer or carrying plastic grocery bags. I don't see any wasting and I can still use it but it feels extremely weird like it's getting weaker. Again I am left handed and this hand has been my stronger hand all my life. The dexterity loss is very noticeable. I have been dropping things more than I ever have before. Of course look online it says possible als symptoms. I am not looking for a diagnosis I have a dr appointment on Friday. I am just extremely worried that this is the beginning of something terrible. So any input on hand symptoms or if my symptoms look familiar please advise. Thank you. I am a 43 year old female. Also if I squeeze my left hand closed my hand and firearm shake terribly. Thank you for your time and input.

ALS would be the last thing I'd be concerned about given your symptoms. More likely considerations include tendinitis, overuse injury, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome (pinched nerve in wrist), or radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck). Common things are common, and ALS is much rarer than any of the above.
Your doctor will examine you and probably get some X-rays and maybe some nerve conduction tests. I would advise you to see the doctor and not lose sleep over this.

Thank you for your reply. I only posted today because it has been progressing over the last mont and today my hand is extremely weak and hard to use.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,698
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 394
I don't think anyone has ever seen anything useful when people post pictures of their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back