Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Ocala
Hi All, I’ve been having some symptoms for over a month now and I would love some feedback.

the symptom I am most worried about is my tongue twitching. I have the whole “ moving worms” thing going on when it’s just a little bit out. I’ve Read the sticky Amd I know it says the tongue has to be fully at rest, but mine is just barley out, not even to my bottom lip and it shakes and does the worm twitch thing.
I also have widespread twitching so I’m hoping the other symptoms I have are just BFS.

I’m aware that your time is precious and I appreciate it. I will be donating to ALS research

Widespread twitching as you know is a big green arrow pointing away from ALS, whether the tongue is part of it or not. Great news!

Stress, sleep, nutrition, hydration, stretching, and exercise all play a role when twitches become this frequent and broad. The stress part is almost inescapable, but you can break the cycle, sometimes needing help. Also consider dry mouth, GERD, and allergies. Your PCP can help.

It can be worth treating empirically with a nasal steroid which could help your breathing in sleep, and therefore help it be more restorative. Likewise, you could try a sugar-free cough drop or a papaya tablet before bed, with plenty of liquid.

Not needing to worry about ALS is wonderful news. If you can't see that for what it is, please get help, because living in fear is not living at all.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back