Not open for further replies.

Banksy86

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hello everyone i hope you dont mind me posting,i am worried about ALS i have persistent twitching that has been going on between my thumb and finger in the left hand which is constant and has been going on for a couple of years but now it has started in the right hand also,i have seen 3 neurologists in the past 2 years had numerous mri scans all normal but now its started in the right hand my gp wants me to go back to the neuro, i dont have any weakness of any sort it is literally the twitching of the hands and a slight internal body tremor,i do have videos but i dont know how to attach it, could this be ALS? Would i have got other symptoms kf it has been going on for over 2 years? Thanks for any replies

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Hi there- I'm hoping you read the Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms link, as it outlines why twitching without weakness is not a concern for ALS. Particularly if it's been going on for over 2 years. You would definitely have experienced loss of function of some sort before now. After 3 neuros and multiple scans and tests, it might be time to start thinking of something non neurologic in nature.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Hey Banksy, twitching means absolutely nothing. I'm thinking the 3 neurologists have suggested to you that what is happening is benign. You can truly just get on with your life now.

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Wise advice. A hand therapist might be able to suggest exercises to help the twitching.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.