Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed!

I think Al has a point. I was not a wieght lifter but VERY acitve and worked out and played tennis and then stopped while pregnant and then got sick and was in the hospital and then.. drum roll.....the twitching and everything else.

The unknown is always scary, but I am doing good living in the moment and enjoying my life. You cant live there, Shim. Just be glad for what you can do and press on. I just got sick of wasting time with fear and worry, I lost a year of my life to it. I cant do it anymore. I am unsure what my medical future holds but I wont let it take me down for another year or so. What if I (we) do get a bad diagnosed, like in 2 yrs from now...we would be upset that we lost these last 2 yrs to worry or fear. I am going with La La Land mode. I could/should look for what is ailing me, but I just dont care anymore. I Feel that when something is bad it will be evident to the professionals and in the meantime.....all is good. Twitch or no Twich, muscle pain or no pain, weakness or no weakness............it cant be that bad if we have no diagnosed.

Al,

I have been reading your post for some time now and I have found you to be among the most helpfull. I don't disagree that the weightlifting and steroids have had some impact. My concerns are relegated to the fact that ALS can happen independently of this. I went through a period of time where I was increadibly scared and I am beginning to think ALS is not likely thanks to the responses I have gotten, however I am concerned about what is going on. I don't think I'm special but I do have 2 young children and I get worried some times. I know this site is "ALS Forums" if I am asking questions in the wrong place please let me know....I have gained much knowledge from this site in the past so I thought I would try and seek guidance here.

Shim

Not a problem looking for answers Shim but we're not doctors so you could be barking up the wrong tree. You've had a couple of good opinions from docs, so believe them not us. ALS symptoms don't come and go. You will get better. Trust your docs.

AL.

Hi Al,

I thought posted a reply last night...but it doesn't seem to be here. Sorry, I'm still learning to navigate the site properly.
Your posts have been extremely helpfull in the past year.

I agree that the weightlifting may be a contributing factor, it's just that its been a long time since I hit the weights regularly. I also have weak, tired, sore feelings in muscles that I didn't necessarily work out like in small muscles in my hands and feet. I also have Fascis in very small muscles in my hands and feet along with the ones I get in large muscles.

I no longer have the overwhelming concern that I used to have about possibly having ALS. I think my anxiety medicine has helped a lot! I was obssesed at a very unhealthy level. Drove my family nuts.
But, I know my body very well and it just isn't right. I just can't articulate my situation very well. It's frustrating not being able to get answers after this much time but I don't have any other options other than to wait it out and see what happens.

Shim

Not wanting to discourage you but there are others that have been a few years with symptoms, some mild, some severe and they still don't have answers. Don't stress yourself needlessly. These things take time.

AL.

Thanks, Al.

I'll do my best not to get discouraged and trust my doctors. I'll know when the time is right and I am meant to know.
I'm going to stop posting messages until I find something out so I don't take focus and time from people who need your adive and guidance more than me. I hope it's OK to post again when I get answers. I'll wait until then.

Very best to All,

Shim

That's a good idea. Try to stay away from looking for trouble. Google vacation spots not symptoms. Please do let us know if you find out anything.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back