Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
Something I didnt know about compensation....you as the surviving spouse if listed as dependent get the compensation due to the vet for the month they die. Also they automatically send you 2k for burial and miscellaneous expenses. This is in addition to the preparation and funeral home reimbursement.

gooseberry,

Thanks,

Still trying to get my diagnosis upgraded. My neurologist seems to be dragging her feet waiting I guess of the waiting for ALS to appear on my forehead. Trust me I do not want this diagnosis. I have upper and lower neuron involvement, fascilations all over including tongue and cramps, spacisity, limb wasting, findings on a breathing test, and of last weak starting to have trouble swallowing. In her last notes in my file she even encouraged me to stay on my diet and lose more weight. I discontinued the diet when I noticed that it was doing more harm than good. I have also applied for SSI and they sent me to a neurologist. He took one look at me and whispered under his breath, "run, crawl, whatever it takes to get a second opinion. I discovered they opened an ALS clinic here last week. The neurologist that told me to see at all cost is the one heading up the clinic. Go figure. They are expediting me in after I registered and heard my story and looking at me. We should have a appointment at the next clinic in April. I have not even seen them and they were apologizing that they could not see me until April. I am no doctor and would love to find out I have something treatable. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, and tastes like a duck! Sorry I am a redneck. If I do have ALS I am a soldier at heart and will get through it, that part will take care of itself. My biggest concern is for the GREATEST WIFE IN THE WORLD AND MY BEST FRIEND. I thought that I had my t's crossed and my i's dotted but I missed this one. I am still researching for her while I am able. There shortcuts and file folders with stuff for her on our computer and her notebook everywhere. Maybe a miracle will happen and I can delete them all. Thanks again!

Bryan

After my initial diagnosis of "probable ALS" at Mayo, I worked through PVA and was able to get Mayo to redefine it as "ALS," dropping the "probable," thus making available the host of benefits available to veterans. PVA (in Iowa at least) is incredibly helpful and effective.

You will be well taken care of with Dr Edgar or Dr Dunaway. My husband is being treated by Dr Dunaway. He and his nurse are fantastic. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back