Comparisons between a year ago and today, sudden symptons about a week ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xapalaiwism

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
LA
Late 2019 - Atrophy on right leg to the point where the leg became visibly smaller than the left but no loss of strenght, had twitching all over the body, tongue became smaller and changed shape, change in sensation of touch in the body

Most of 2020 i felt normal with twitchings here and there but nothing had changed, Last week both legs atrophied rather quickly, i lost more muscle mass around the neck area, leg and back on gluteous area feels very very tight, sometimes tingling on legs and back

Could this be ALS? If i spent the entirety of 2020 with no problems, would it come all at once on both legs? I can walk, jump, do all movements but it feels tight and theres less muscle. The Calf muscles are smaller than before and have lost that "elasticity" feeling. When touching the legs it feels tight and has a different sensation that is not numbness. All muscles contract with full strenght but feel tight. Thank you in advance to whoever reads this and replies.

Sounds like a muscle rather than nerve problem, if anything. I would contact your PCP who can baseline your strength and assess what tests might be needed.

Best,
Laurie

I booked an appointment with a neurologist for tuesday I would like to asi about twitching, if it happened for a year with no weakness accompanying it it is benign right?

Most likely, but, as I said, if it is anything, it is probably a muscle problem. ALS is a nerve problem. I'm sure you'll know more after your appointment.

Last edited:
Question: Do sensory symptoms point away from ALS? my blood test showed elevated creatine kinase (509) which happens when you have muscle damage. Muscle Strenght, Muscle Tone, Reflexes and Fine Motor Skills are 100% fine. Only Symptoms are muscle loss and different sensation of touch in the body. What's the chance of it being ALS?

Have read it. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back