Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
My mom was diagnosed with ALS and is losing her speech. She is in Vietnam and speaks mostly Vietnamese. Do you know any communication device for ALS patients that can synthesize Vietnamese? Thank you very much!

Hi there, some options are for you to digitally record her voice while she can still speak and have her say words and phrases that are commonly used, like up, down, right, left, I'm tired, how are you?, etc. Then, you can download a program that will allow her to press a button and the word comes up, or maybe something on an iPad or tablet. That's my best answer. Sorry to hear about your mom, it's a hard road but keep positive. My mom was diagnosed in 2006.

That's a good idea! My mom can't speak well now but I can record my voice for her. She can't move her hands and head so I am looking for an eye gaze system. Those on the market are too expensive. Her insurance in Vietnam would not help. I will try to set up a simple one.
I am also sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is doing well with all the advanced medical and technology aids in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back