Status
Not open for further replies.
vantec said:
I hope someone can help me. I am getting bad cramping in my back, and in my buttocks, where I lost a lot of muscle mass. If I sit down for more than about hour, my butt really hurts. Has anyone found a cushion or anything else that would help? Both get better if I stand, but I am not able to do that all day long!

Laying in bed, is causing my back pain, and I try and stay out of it as much as I can, but you have to go to bed, sooner or later. Is there any special bed, or anything I could do while I am in bed, so I would not cramp and be in so much pain? Over the counter pain meds don't help.

Thanks,

Conrad
Hey Conrad,

I have severe cramping and muscle spasms. My sister gave me a wonderful and simple device. It is a piece of cotton fabric large enough to fit around my neck or other small areas and it is filled with flax seed. It looks like a small pillow. You place it in the microwave for approx.2 minutes and it is amazing how quickly your muscles will relax. she had a friend make it for her. So if you know someone who can sew, all they need is fabric and flax seed. A very simple device and very inexpensive. I can't get over how fast my muscles relaxed. I am getting ready to use it now. Hope this helps.

Carolina girl

Hi Conrad,
After searching for hours I finally found a page that shows the Trapeze bar almost like the one that I have.

Mine is fully adjustable for height, length of chain on bar, etc.

Be careful of the spelling if you do a search and you will find it quicker. I discovered I was spelling trapeze wrong for the past 2 hours.
I hope this helps.:-D

God Bless
Capt AL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Hi Everybody,

Today is my first day in this forum, and I'm having some difficulty in finding answers to my queries...however, I found one for my most immediate query...my Mom who's been diagnosed in '03 is now having severe pain when she sits for long hours on the chair..thanks for your suggestions n experiences...
I'm off to get some Memory foam for her :-D

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of caring people and helpful ideas here.

Gel foam, or memory cushion, is definitely a good idea - it was one of the first things we got for my mother. However, good positioning is a critical factor in comfort. When you say, "spends a lot of time in the chair" I am assuming you mean wheelchair? The size of seat/ distance from front to back (knee to tailbone) is critical. Too large, it either cuts off circulation to lower legs or causes lower back pain and skin breadkown from excess pressure on the tailbone when leaning back. Also, height from seat to floor/ footrests - again important in reducing swelling of the feet. Even the height of armrests are important.

Also, just frequent repositioning and range of motion exercises can minimize many aches and pains.

Hi Shreejc, welcome to the forum.
I don't know if you have just been browsing or have used the search feature above. It can help locate threads and specific discussions that may help you.
Feel free to jump right in though and ask about anything you need information about.

God Bless
Capt AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back