Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yummy- that's a good benefit Vicki. Thanks Helen, I'll give it a try BUT I'm with Mich- I totally enjoy Chai.
I also like Turkish tea, served in tiny clear glass tea cups. When we visited Istanbul, I bought the cups and get the whole relaxing feeling ever time I use them. Great memories.

Jen, congrats on being such a persistent advocate and lobbying the VA! Well done. Sometimes the dust bunnies at our house are so large, Casey thinks they're pets. She gathers them up into her bed, so it's a quick clean for me- one stop vacuuming Ha! We got rid of a huge number of tee shirts in preparation for the move... but I did keep my marathon shirts. Just couldn't part with them. Silly & sentimental...

Speaking of Chai! Yum! It makes my house smell so good and my 5 year old loves it!

Victim - what brand are the chocolate/mint/butterscotch teas? Never see those at the store, just all the various mints and flowery stuff. I donated BAGS of stuff when I moved downstairs. T-shirts went in batches. I'm now buying men's xlarge as they're easy to pull on and down. Hey, maybe I should be going through rog's donation bags! :). And I kept holding on to one pair of high heels cause they were so dang CUTE!

I go to Republic of Tea(on line), they have reasonable prices and shipping. There are so many flavors and I like I can get decaf so I can still enjoy tea in the afternoon and evening. They have a tea called "get some ZZZZ" that really good too. I like it in the evening when I read and can drift off to sleep. They send out catalogs with a free sample attached, thats how I found the butterscotch carmel.

Elaine, you're a woman after my own heart! The little tea glasses are so sweet and a pleasant reminder of your trip. I love my little Blue Onion kanchen and mini cream pitcher from our years in Germany.

I've gotten rid of bags and bags of clothing too. Shoes also, but just couldn't bring myself to get rid of all. I keep thinking about the large amounts of weight some PALS lose and keep thinking that will happen to me one day and I'll be able to wear them again. Sigh...

Our house is smelling great this morning as Jac just put the BBQ ribs in the crock pot and.......she's making peanut butter cookies! One of my favorites that only get baked when Jac is in town because KK is allergic to peanuts.

As far as dust bunnies go, I'm no longer chasing them and can't see alot of them from my PWC. The tilt and recline feature does give me a good view of ceiling fans and high window sills that could use some attention.:lol::roll:

Deb,
Too funny... I get sick and have to give away my size 8 clothes.... Into 12 now. Geesh! Must be all the bacon.

Ok - so what the heck is a Kanchen. I googled it, but some guy named Kanchenjunga pops up.

Enjoy jac's cooking!

QUOTE=

I've gotten rid of bags and bags of clothing too. Shoes also, but just couldn't bring myself to get rid of all. I keep thinking about the large amounts of weight some PALS lose and keep thinking that will happen to me one day and I'll be able to wear them again. Sigh...

if you like mich5 and elaine try bengal spice...love,love,love it. deb i'm glad you dont see snow it's making me a big sissy. scared to death to walk across the drive to get in the car...it's two steps.

Here is my update on the No No hair removal system. I took it back! I bought mine from a Showcase Store (I think they are only in Canada and sell products advertised on TV). I had to make a decision about it as I only had a month to return it. So maybe my negative experience relates to not keeping it long enough. But I found it did little in the way of removing hair on the face. I had to go back over the one hair a zillion times and it still wouldn't zap it. Very tedious with little results. Far too expensive for so much work and so little gain. I will try Helen's Tweeze and see what I think. But overall the reviews on the No No are pretty dismal so I think I am with the majority of buyers i.e. not so impressed. I think if it cost $50 sure, but mine was $299 plus tax. When I bought it the sales clerks were very friendly and helpful and when I returned it they all had scowls.

Laurel

Thanks for the update, you must have esp because I was just thinking about it this morning. I am sorry it did not work for you. I have an epilatior and its okay still have to tweeze the stubborn hairs. What a pain in the patuti.

Hey everyone! I end up using the Tweeze nearly every day... leaves my skin nice and smooth. Wish I could figure out the best way to keep my eyebrows in check.

Helen I'm trying to find a Tweeze locally--prefer not to have to mail order it. Cold here for the South Coast of British Columbia--this morning it is -7 C. I have been busy making warm nectar for the Anna's Hummingbirds that over winter here. I have been getting up early to make my brew so that they don't freeze during this cold snap. By noon, it should be back up to 3 C so they will be okay then.

Lauren, so sorry the No No didn't work out.

Helen, it's looking like your Tweeze is the front runner.

Vicky, Hubby bought me an epilator years ago and I got the idea that he probably didn't like me very much! Poor guy was trying to find an alternative to the razor. As I shaved my legs daily (very hairy) and always had nicks from being in a hurry (mom of three little ones at the time). I found it quite painful :eek:

Elaine, sorry for the misspelling! Kannchen is a German word for an individual coffee pot. I made many trips to various porcelain factories while we were stationed in Germany for two tours. They were very common in the restaurants and gast haus. I enjoyed the very strong coffee and real cream after a good German meal. (Usually take my coffee black)

MP, KK and I have discussed moving back to NY, but I just can't imagine dealing with the snow and ice. I'm in the PWC full time now, but would really dread getting out in that mess. When you're still mobile on your own two feet it can be dicey just walking in the house. I was a sissy in winter up there when I was healthy. Please be careful!

Just wanted to let everyone know that will be leaving the forum at least for awhile. But, want everyone to know that I will still be praying for them and a cure for ALS and other muscular diseases. My dad is doing about the same so I didn't want people to think it was because of him that I left. Stay strong ! Kim

The epilator . . . It just yanks the hair out! :)

The snow and ice . . . Every time I make an appt I tell them, if it snows 'at all' I will be canceling. I've made the deal with everyone that I will not leave the house if there's any snow or ice. I absolutely will not risk falling (I think we all have to fall a few times to get to the point where we draw our 'own' line in the sand :-(. So, the weather certainly limits making concrete plans. I also carry a transport chair in the trunk now. I was out once as a passenger and it snowed before we got me home. I had to sit in the car until the ramp was shoveled, salted, and melted! It would've been easier to put me in the transport chair and wheel me up the snowy ramp. We're ready now! (ha! The best laid plans . . .)

Yes the epilator yanks out the hair. Its not too bad. I don't use it very often because you have to go really slow and I run out of patience.

I agree about snow and ice, I am terrified of falling. I won't go anywhere when its snowy either, call me chicken, "bock bock bock" !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back