Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak and potatoes for dinner tonight. No bacon cause I hate the way it makes the whole house smell. BUT I'm buying some bacon on my next grocery trip just to try it on the grill. Great idea. Bet it would taste great and all the grease would be far away from the areas I need to clean up! Hope everyone had a good day.

Hi Mich -

I was vegetarian for over 25 years . Why? Dunno.
In May did I start eating bacon. Why? Dunno.
But it's tasty.
I don't much like the lingering smell either - so I tried the "pre-cooked, microwavable in 10seconds, comes in a box kind of bacon "... it's yummy too. Once the winter sets in, and if your grill is stored for the duration, it's a tasty alternative and no grease!

Thanks for the ice tea Dana, is it the Long Island version? :)

I also love bacon, especially Kevin Bacon....hehehehe

scotslassie. my very clever sheepdog nicks newspapers from neighbours letter boxes and bring em home....and i take em back when av read em.....i taught him to play poker, but hes a mug punter....when hes got a good hand his tail wags........johnny

johnny and mairi we should get our dogs together, mine can snitch food from the grill so clean that people are not sure if the food was there or not

We had bacon and hashbrowns tonight for supper.

UUUM Cathy.

I made us a salad made with lettuce, peppers, onions, avocado, tomato, hard boiled egg, feta cheese and BACON!

(oh and a side of garlic toast)

My neighbor bought over some fresh tomatos. Hiding them from the kids He asked if I like Zucchine,which I do, however only in small amounts. Gave me 4 huge squash. I am going to have to find a way to fix it.
I like it raw, not cooked, but actually havent tried cooked in 40 yrs. I like it breaded and deep fried, but Les couldnt handle the smell.

Ok, best thing ever... the most perfect party food ever.

Ingredients:
Lil Smokies (cocktail weenies)
Bacon cut into 2 inch pieces
Brown Sugar

You also need:
Toothpicks
Broiler Pan covered with foil

Directions:
1. Wrap each weenie with bacon and stick a toothpick in it so it won't unroll.
2. Arrange weenies in rows on the broiler pan.
3. Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar all over the bacon weenies.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. They are done when they caramelize.

D. E. L. I. C. I. O. U. S.

Hi SadieMae:

Here's are quick meals I make with Zucchini -

Ribbon salad:

Use a peeler and zip off thin long slices. Toss ribbons in with a few salad ingredients that you like. Add your favourite dressing. ( I like balsamic/olive oil on this)

Voila - very interesting looking salad. (cuz you can get fancy and swirl the ribbons onto a plate.

Or - you can chop into 1/2"round discs add tomato wedges and sliced sweet onion . Saute all in olive oil until soft and slightly brown. Add fresh pepper. It's tasty as a side dish or on top a bed of greens with a drizzle of olive oil. I also add goat cheese.
OR you can add the lot to cooked pasta like linguini or taglietti or fettuccine , and enjoy with some Parmesan.
(or add the lot to cooked pasta, mix in favourite cheese and bake until browned).

I really enjoy zucchini - can ya tell? You can make soup too!

All this food, I can see it all now, smell it all now. Great food, we are so blessed.

Now with my last name being rice, Chinese food is a preferance around our house. I usually know the cook when we
eat out. His name is So Sue Me.... :)

Egg fu young, shrimp is my favorite. I love a buffet. Food talks to me, I don't speak Chinese, but it talks to me.
If I walk by the fridge and ice cream is in there, it will say, "Hey, I'am butter pecan, Hello, I am in here."
I act like I don't hear it. So, it gets louder. If you want to win that battle, wear ear plugs. :)

Hope everyone is having as good a day as possible.

Heehee Jim!
All this food... Yummmmm

Jen

Now I'm going to have to have bacon tomorrow... too much talk about it!

I know... Not on ice cream! Bacon for me tomorrow too... Sounds so good!
Marvelous Maddie tomorrow... Need my beauty sleep...

Nighty night!

Jen

Helen is there another type of tea besides long island ? Has anyone ever tried cooking bacon in the oven ?, it works very well and doesn't splatter all over the stovetop and does cut down on the smell some.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back