Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for understanding. Today is better already. Slept well and it's cooler. Got a shower and hair washed. Dinner with friends tonight. Hope Doug has time for rom. He is getting overwhelmed at times.

Any news about Toto?

MMmmmmmmm BACON! I have bacon for breakfast, and usually some more bacon for a late night stack. And it's definitely applewood smoked bacon.

You know, it's absolutely ridiculous how much I have to eat to maintain my weight. Here is what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast: two pieces of buttered garlic toast and three slices of bacon.
Lunch at Olive Garden: bowl of fagiolli, a breadstick, entire order of toasted raviolli, chicken parmesean and angel hair pasta. No leftovers!
Snack: two roll-ups (turkey and mozzerella) in salsa
Dinner: four tacos and a brownie
Late night snack: three pieces of bacon, two scrambled eggs.

Today was same breakfast, but two pulled pork sandwiches and three servings of oven onionsoup potatoes for lunch, and dinner was a grilled chicken breast, garlic mashed potatoes, and a whole loaf of bread from Outback Steakhouse. Also just had a plate of nachos. Still hungry. May have to go make some bacon soon.

Seriously... all these and I'm barely maintaining weight. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen!

That's a LOT of food, Sarah! Wow!

Sarah,

You are making me hungery with all that food. I will take some bacon, eggs and pancakes this morning, yummy! Throw a brownie in there too...gotta have chocolate! Oh and of course...some coffee.

Hi All~~~~~

Sarah, that's amazing! I look at food and put on weight...

We are in SF today for clinic. We came in yesterday and went to that famous cooking/food store on Union Square and I stocked up! Love that place, I look at food there and gain weight! Hmmmm-
Hope we don't hurry up and wait, Rog wants to get in and out in 2 hours... A bit unrealistic, I think we'll hit traffic on the way home. I've got a bunch of questions and he wants to try Bo tox for his saliva...

We are going to plan another European cruise, this time to Italy...I hope we can pull it off in the spring....

Have a great day,

Jen

Hi Everyone,
I am finally feeling better. I had the worst case of strep throat I've ever had in my life. I had it quite a bit as a kid but it had never hit me this hard. Did manage to see dad a few days. He went back to Dallas today. He will have a caregiver during the hours my sister works and they have a physical therapist coming to her house 3x's a week to give him therapy. Very expensive! The VA will be covering Ritulek so he's at least going to try it. Dad also got some type of shake from the VA that is similiar to Ensure that they cover. Will be moderations to his home soon as well. Take care everyone! Kim

Welcome back Kim! Sounds like they have a good plan in place for your Dad. How are the kids doing with all the changes, it sounds like you are very close.

Sarah, I want to come over and have you make me food, tho I'd end up 300 ls.!

Wow - Sarah - I'm trying to diet... you're not making it easy. LOL

Jen - we went on Italy/Croatia cruise in May. It was amazing - though some stops were not easy to navigate - cobblestones and hilly! I am mobile but struggled a bit. BTW - we did private tours - 6 in a van + guide, sort of thing- and that really helped. You get dropped off at entrances - and visit the place. Plus you see more than the cruise line big bus tours. (oh and it's way CHEAPER! YEAH). I'm looking at another in the fall... trying to see as much of the world as I can, while I can. Hunting for specials everyday. It's the airfares that are more expensive than the cruises.

So - packing up today- going to a cottage which friends lent to us. NO INTERNET and/or cell service. YAHOO - hubby needs a break - though he will likely sneak into town everyday to access his office under the guise of buying hot dog buns or something.... I, however, will be in the hammock with my kindle. We will find out if our dog (Casey) can actually swim... she's been a city/condo living dog all of these years - only spying fountains. (and the groomers dog bath) The lake will be shocking to her.

Will be back in a week. (hopefully with the dog too Ha!)

Enjoy the tea!

Have fun Elaine! Sounds like a fun and relaxing little get away!

Hi All~~~~

Elaine have fun, sounds great! Thanks for the tip!

Clinic was wearing, got some new things to try in answer to my questions, traffic was a bear, Rog got bo tox, I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Maddies birthday party today! Woohoo!

Stay cool! We hit 100 degrees... Ugh

Jen

Hi Dana!

Jen, you do have a busy time. I am resting for you right now. Sitting watching tv early ( real early) on a Sunday morning. I will let you know when you are rested enough :)

Made a power packed loaf of bread.....oat bran, whole meal, linseed pumpkin seeds, olive oil. Yum. It's not holding together too well, but tastes great.

Helen. I had better rest for you as well! All this resting will keep me busy today.

hey all, just checking in . happy saturday

Hiiiiii Susan happy Sunday here......
Don't you hate it when you answer posts and find out you missed a page. I do that all the time. Poooooo

Elaine hope you have a great holiday. We just had a week away with no Internet. It's the first time EVER that hubby left his computer at home. It felt weird but was fantastic.

But did you bring your ipad? Have a great time at the beach Elaine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back