Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Dana, peace to you this day!

Lizzy and Elaine, keep that weight on! You will need it... Rog has lost 70 pounds... The first 50 he could afford, the last 20 not so much...

Joni, thinking of you today...

Off to tackle the retirement monster so I can start getting a monthly check and Rog has PT on his shoulder today!
Quick breakfast out of yogurt and fresh berries and coffee... Enjoy!

Jen

Good Morning everyone :) I have been busy these last few days. Went to my first clinic appt Friday. I was very nervous before I went. It went wonderfully and I worried for nothing. Since I have never been in a room with anyone else that had ALS I was afraid I would "lose" it and start crying.
WARNING....the following is a confession of a HOARDER!
I had a HUGE yard sale in April "thinking" I had gotten rid of all my junk. I had been cleaning out the closets, drawers, etc since the first of the year. WELL.....last week hubby was up in the garage attic (I knew there were 2 orange & black Halloween totes up there filled with decorations I wanted to keep). He came in house and said "what are in ALL those totes in garage attic?" I say....there are only 2 orange & black ones....he says....I see those...what about ALL the other silver totes? I say..... Ooooo MEEEEE....I don't know whats in them.... bring them in house and we will see. Sooooo, he brings in 20 totes filled with Barbies still in boxes, Hallmark ornaments, Christmas decor, Easter decor, Thanksgiving decor, etc.....
SARAH.....please come and help me....you are the yard sale QUEEN!
Another yard sale is now planned for a Saturday in September

Cathy, glad the clinic visit went well! As for the garage sale, girl, you are on your own! I am done with that crap! LOL!

As for the weight gain/loss situation... right before the ALS started and when I first had symptoms, I went off birth control after being on it for 15 years (with the exception of when I had my son, and I had a strange problem right after birth that I could not move my right leg for several days and it slowly came back... no sensory problems... just the moving probs... the doc decided I had pulled some muscles giving birth... REALLY makes me wonder...) and I gained 40 pounds! It stayed that way for a couple of years. I suddenly lost 10 pounds last October/November when I was diagnosed... then another 10 in February... and another 10 in the last month or two. I eat... all day... terrible fattening stuff... about 2800 - 3000 calories worth... just to maintain what I have! Craziness! So I guess if you're still in the early phases and gaining weight, better enjoy it!

Cathy, try EBAY to sell your stuff. It keeps me busy & I've cleaned out a ton of stuff.

Sarah & Jen, you're probably right, but I've never been fat & hate the way I feel & look.
Funny, my problems started when I went off birth control also.

OT was suposed to be here at 9:30, it's after 1:00 now, no call or nothing... hate the fact my pt & ot are always late!

Hi everyone !
Just checking in with all of you. All is well here. School starts in 2 weeks so its rush time. Thank heaven for uniforms.
Welcome to the new tea ladies :)

Morning/noon/afternoon/evening/middle of the night....
That should cover you all. Hoping everyone is doing ok.

Sad days for our Dear Joni keep her in your prayers, she is a mighty warrior with a broken heart. We Love you Joni!

HI Susan, good to see you! ~~~WAVING HI~~~~~ to everybody!

Joni - you are in my prayers.

Cleaning out is neverending! I also was cleaning and shredding all my old stuff so others wouldn't have to do it and so others wouldn't see some of my old personal stuff (why do we keep old stuff from old boyfriends :). But, it seems there's all kinds of totes, boxes, 'STUFF' stuck in closets, under beds, in the basement, under the stairs . . . . my goodness! I donated, gave to relatives, threw out the junk . . and now am tackling what I hope to be the last room. We'll see . . .

No time to cook today. :0( Went to the lawyer to talk about POAs. But still have some leftover brownies.

Hi Everyone,
I just posted my first blog ever on here. I am not much on exercise but I'm trying to do at least a little bit of it. I now have my dad's Schwinn Arerodyne bike in front of our tv in our living room. I am trying to ride it a little bit more each day. Thought it would help not only with losing weight but with my moods as well. I posted my first blog on here a little while ago. I feel so lonely without seeing my dad anymore. It really hurts.
My thoughts and prayers are also with Joni. I truly wish there was something more I could do for her. She's always has been so sweet and supportive to me on hear. It breaks my hurt to see her hurting. I hope her faith and all our prayers comfort her. Kim

Good morning everyone, cooler yesterday and last night, I actually had to wear a jacket yesterday. Back up in the 80's for the rest of the week and rain. What's for breakfast today ?

Dana

Gorgeous here - 25C - perfect summer day low humidity. Had standard breakfast - yogurt & fruit (and bran)... but itching for dessert now... maybe a bacon sandwich?

Hot & sunny here. I'm feeling like an omelet this morning, ham & cheese, with some tea of course.

Joni, know that you're busy right now, but want to let you know that I'm sending you prayers and hugs.

Dana, hope yesterday wasn't too hard, bet it feels like yesterday... hugs to you as well.

My Mom came over this morning and gave me a nice sponge bath...b weird feeling, but oh so blissful!

Absolutely gorgeous day here today, one of the ones you want every summer day to be like!

Having a late lunch, leftover salad from chipotles, spicy! Where's my iced tea?

Helen, I spent the day with my dad and my uncle (moms brother) and we shared some stories and had a nice day remembering mom the way she would want us to. Thanks for thinking of me, that means a lot. Just for being so nice to me I am sending some iced tea your way.

Dana

Dang it Elaine, now I want more bacon! I feel like that dog on the beggin' strips commercial. My mom complains every night because I cook bacon before bed. She says I'm worse than having a teenage boy in the house!

I think I'm going to hold a Bacon Drive... you know, so people can donate bacon to me. Or maybe I can arrange a Share the Care Circle for prepared bacon deliveries three times a day. FYI, I prefer applewood smoked bacon...

Mmmmmmmmm... bacon.

Have you put it on the BBQ grill? Very Yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back