Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am new this this forum and i was wondering if you could help me. I want to write a blog but i not sure how everyting i have tried it is just reply or vistor but not my own blog. thank you

Hello Tweety,

I have never done a blog - but I think if you click on blog and then go to "your blog" which appears on left side of screen - you're good to go.;-)

Sorry about your husband's diagnoses - but you will find lots of help and support here in this forum. It's been a source of strength for me - much like a life jacket in a wavy lake.

Ladies . . . hello! :0) I read this thread often and brownies have finally pushed me to the point of jumping in and saying hello. I am at home today with a couple of fine fellows repairing my porch and beginning my ramp. So, while they are out in this heat working I decided to make some brownies and, although breakfast is over, thought of you ladies. I made them with coconut oil rather than vegetable oil. Also have some chicken in the crock pot to make some bbq chx later. Hope you're all doing well.

Hi Tweety, Welcome to the forum family. So sorry about your husbands diagnosis, You will find so many wonderful people here and info to help you both on this new journey.
About the Blog, go to User CP on top blue bar,click on it, down thw left side scroll down to last thing, "Blog" in blue. Hope this helps.

sassielassie.....murray nearly sang the anthem...and nearly choked..just couldnt bring himself to do it...i laughed like a drain...johnny...

Morning/ afternoon/night, Loking at another boring day if I don't think of something to do, not that I can do much but still, tired of reading and staring at the grass and watching it grow. Actually I feel like jumping on a plane and going somewhere antwhere but here right now.

mich, thanks for thinking of us and sharing your brownies. So glad you are getting the ramp in and porch repaired.

Johnny - That's coz he kens the words!...."....and like a torrent rush, rebellious Scots to crush.." What Scot in their right mind would sing that? Behave yourself, away and have a wee dram.(yet another good thing to come out of Scotland) :) xx

Hi All~~~~~

Welcome Tweety and about time Mich (lol)! Thanks for the brownies....pitcher of lemonade on the table!

Okay, two more quick trips to San Diego booked and paid for...Woohoo...the perks of retirement and not having to follow a school year to travel!
Rog's sister is coming to stay with him overnight in a couple of weeks so I can go to San Francisco with the girls...dinner and a show, here we come!

Bella is wearing her collar and dragging her lead (I have never been able to get a collar or a lead on this dog since we picked her up from the pound...they said she was shy; they didn't tell us she was terrified of EVERYTHING and I mean everything), she's finally realizing that I'm the alpha dog in this house....she is stubborn but I'm worse....her trainer has experienced many situations in her 20 years but she had never been dragged through a house on her hands and knees by a half-crazed dog before....it was a sight! Bella's flippin out, I'm moving furniture out of her way, the trainer is hanging on for dear life and Rog looked like he was going to pass out. We thought she would hide in the closet (normal behavior under new situations), but nooooo...she went nutters on us...finally got her outside where she had some room to work through the change in command.....this is going to be a slow process, thank goodness I have support for the life of the dog!

Quiet day today, laundry is in and the ball game is on. Rain last night cleared the air!

Mairi and Johnny....you are both too funny!

Have a good afternoon/evening!

Jen

Hi Jen, good luck with your dog training. Our dogs don't know what a collar or lead is. They are gun dogs and sometimes stay in their kennels but most times stay in the house in various, unexpected places. They are also expert thieves.Regular visitors know now to keep their room doors closed at all times. We invested in a metal detector to find the more valuable items under hedges and in fields. When working they are excellent but once off duty they just go about sneakily stealing and hiding everything not screwed down or kept above 4 ft. Everything in this house is worktop high. Great dogs, very highly trained, well behaved, quiet and friendly...just kleptomaniacs.

Welcome to our new friends at tea, Di's brownies are definitely internationally known... or renown? Not sure, but watch out when she starts throwing them, she's still got a good arm for throwing. Just don't ask to look at her toes, I bet the purple is now green.

Lassie, that's too funny about your klepto dogs! I've started naming the dog hair/dust bunnies in my house they're getting so big. You wouldn't think that one dog (1/2 german shepherd, 1/2 golden retriever) could lose so much hair and not be bald.

On a more somber note, our dear Joni lost her hubby Bruce this morning, I'm so shocked and saddened by this, words just don't say enough. Dear Joni, know that we love you and wish we were there in person for you.

Me too dear Helen. Me too.

Been wondering where you were, Mich!

Tweety, I see you're from Cleveland... does your hubby go to clinic in Houston? Which one?

Good morning all! Rainy day here. Ate too many brownies yesterday.. need to go on a diet LOL! Keep wondering when the losing weight part of ALS will hit me. I miss running 30 miles or more a week.
My kid brother & his family were here yesterday, loved to see them, but cried like a baby when they left.
Guess I'm as gloomy as the weather today.

Lizzie - I've been gaining weight too! Miss my marathon training to be sure. I hung my medals from night bedside lamp as inspiration. Having to buy big girl's clothes soon! YIKES. I had a great day yesterday too - all 6 of us kids together - our Mom & Dad just aglow! Then I came home and read about Bruce - and needed Ativan. It's upsetting.
BUT -the sun is shining - I'll pull up my big pants and enjoy the day and stop feeling sorry for myself!

Been a year today since my mom passed, I miss her very much but know she is with me. On our way home yesterday we saw a double rainbow and I knew it was my mom telling me she was watching over me. Love you mom and miss you!

Dana

Dana, that's a beautiful sign that your Mom is with you all the time.

Elaine, my medals are by my computer. I only did 1/2 marathons.

I hate the big girl clothes... have to wear clothes 2 sizes bigger just so I can pull the pants up & down on my own. I miss the days of wiggling into my size 2 jeans... but... I'm still here, still breathing, still smiling, 3-5 years? Been 3 years & I'm determin ed to prove the docs wrong! We can't give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back