Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in everyone for movie night. My parents used to own the movie theatres in our town while I was growing up. I've ate alot of popcorn in my life time. My dad is in Dallas right now and is staying with my sister. His favorite form of entertainment now since he's not as mobile anymore is going to the movies. He goes to pretty much all of them. If you rent or see any good movies that you'd recommend send me a visitor message anytime. We try to keep dad from watching any really depressing one's though. Have a good weekend everyone. We actually had rain last night. It was awesome for a change. Kim

scotslassie, That sounds so very wonderful and beautiful! What a wonderful tribute you have made for her!Thank you for sharing. The poem is great also. {{HUGS}}

scotslassie: Your garden in memory of your aunt sounds wonderful. What a beautiful tribute too her. Maybe, you could post some pictures on here for us to see. Glad you are back on this site. You seem like a really nice caring person from your posts. Hope you have a nice weekend. Kim

Your aunts special garden sounds beautiful & filled with love. Please take photo & post for all of us to see. Obviously, she was a lucky woman to be loved so much.

Dana, YES! I can no longer maintain my own fingers & toes.... some fancy colors & maybe even some glitter! And prank calls for sure!

Great tribute Mairi, love the poem... Please post pictures!

Prank calls, ooh fun!

Bella has a collar and leash on.... Freaked Rog out, she went nuts.... He is not buying into this yet... But I gotta do something before she hurts him.... I think it will get better... It's gotta get better!

Jen

Di, (notgivnup). I take it by your signature that you have Irish blood in your veins. There is a wee drop in mine also. To end your quote.."and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand". x
Sorry I gatecrashed your movie night folks. My favourite is War of the Roses, closely followed by Gone With The Wind and Groundhog Day. America makes all the best movies! Oh, and......sorry.....A Tree Grows in Brooklyn....and......I could go on and on. Have a great day and evening. I am sending you.... cold sliced venison on oatcakes with gamekeepers chutney (left overs from last night) and, again, Cranachan for afters. Lots of love to you all and again, thanks for being there.

Thanks scotslassie, it would not let me write out the whole thing, must have a limit on words......"and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand".
Yes I have Irish blood and did not know until after my father passed that he was adopted, I should be a Collins, but got stuck with a really hard last name no one can even pronounce....lol... German & English also.

Di, Collins or O'Coileain( O'Colan & O'Collin) goes back to Cork and Kerry in 1178 and probably further. Also Cuilein means "Darling". The Irish blessing: May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face and rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hands. Go n-eiri an bothar leat. x

I'll try and get the rest in: Irish Blessing.
"May God be with you and bless you, May you see your childrens children, May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings. May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward. May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the warm rays of sun fall upon your home and may the hand of a friend always be near. May green be the grass you walk on, may blue be the skies above you. May pure be the joys that surround you, may true be the hearts that love you." I think that's all, but correct me if I'm wrong Notgivnup.

We have a special garden where my moms ashes are buried, behind my mom and dads house. My dad and I planted flowers in flower boxes that my dad built. We have a stone bench engraved with "when tomorrow starts without me try to understand an angel came and called my name and took me by the hand". We also have solar lights with my moms favorite birds on them. We have a birdbath and bird feeders there also. It is a very peaceful place and I can feel her presence there.

Scotslassie it sounds like you have made a beautiful tribute to your aunt. I am sure she is very proud of you.

Dldred,

That is really special. Love your description of the garden. I noticed your Mom's anniversary is coming up next week? I will think of you on the 9th. Hope you get to sit in the garden that day with the sun shining down on you as you remember the fun times.

I cannot stop watching the Olympics! :)

I'll be thinking of you on the 9th too Dana.

I cannot stop watching the Olympics! :)

I'll be thinking of you on the 9th too Dana.

Me too. Just watched a Canadian journalist ( our Brian Williams CTV not NBC) interviewing Princes William & Harry. Too funny - when asked about Jamiaca's running champ Bolt - Harry said that since he himself is not competing - he'll put his money on Bolt!:lol:

I just love the royal kids! They're so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back