Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that "it works" Elaine. Hi Dana! Long time! Poppie seed muffins with lots of butter and some iced tea for me too please! It's just starting to cloud up here and I too wish for rain Skipper. We typically get a little in the afternoon.

Watching Olympics and am so happy the American woman won the Gold in Judo. She sure has had a rough row to hoe in her life. God bless her.

Just finished a "small" sundae, so GOOD! I think the girl who won in judo is from my area, didn't see her at all. One of the girls on the gymnastics team is from just outside Boston too...

I love the Olympics. So much amazing talent out there. Phelps is incredible.

It's cloudy & hot 90's here. Am having a screen enclosure put in my front entrance way. It's more for the cat than us. Guys are here now, so its noisy!

Having my morning 'wake up' soda & oh so good morning meds... pancakes would be better!

Hope everyone got a good nights sleep.

Hi Lizzy so nice to see you here ! Sugar free iced tea coming up and some fresh fruit also. Going to be hot hot hot here this weekend and my poor hubby has to go to our local fair and spend the day doing EMS duty. I feel bad for him because he has to wear a very warm uniform. I will be at home in the AC doing my household chores and catching up on my soaps. I won't tell him that though, I will tell him I was outside all day weeding the garden.

Dana

Catching up on soaps! Not many left on tv. I'm a General Hospital fan myself.

Iced tea in rhe AC or weeding? Hmmm AC better choice for sure!

I am a huge fan of the Young and the Restless, I also love to watch old movies. Big fan of scary old movies like Dracula, husband bought me a whole pack of old horror movie discs, I may have to get some of those out to watch tomorrow.

Dana

Never got into Young & Restless, always an ABC soap watcher.

Sounds like movie night at your house tomorrow! I'll bring the popcorn! The old movies are great.

Great let's see how many people we can get to come over for movie night, everyone is invited. Lizzy is bringing the popcorn and I will make iced tea and maybe some daiquiris, don't know if I spelled that right but you know what I mean. Maybe I can get Rob to bring cotton candy home from the fair for us. Anyone takers ?

Dana & Lizzy

I'm in! I'll bring ice cream and toppings! Love old movies... Not much of a soaps watcher, I'm the judge Judy, people's court junkie!

Hot here today! Bella gets lessons (finally), hair appt, physical therapy for Rog and off to dinner and a show with friends tonight.... I'll be ready for a movie night tomorrow... Do we wear our pj's?

Waffles and blackberries for breakfast!

Jen

Of course wear your pjs, what is movie night without everyone in their pjs, Ice cream sounds great! I love the judge shows also but they are all repeats now. I especially love Judge Joe Brown when he gets mad at someone and tells them exactly how he feels.

Dana

Dana, too funny, me too! On students that were telling whoppers of a story I'd use Judy's "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining" line....

Jen

Hey where is Helen, oh I bet she is packing her PJs for the party. Don't worry Helen we will wait for you before we have popcorn !

Dana

PJ's for sure. I might even put some curlers in my hair! How about chocolate chip ice cream with all the fixings?

Oooh how about we do each others nails and then prank call people, WHERE IS HELEN ? I know she would be very excited about the prank calling part.

Dana

I WAS gardening all day today. For the past few months I have been making a special garden for my Aunt who was taken from us by ALS. It is where she liked to sit with views up the glen to Blair Atholl. There's a chair under the cherry tree and I've planted roses called "Margaret", beautiful large pink blooms, also Forget-me-Nots, daffodils and crocus for the spring (planted in the letter "M"), lupins, hydrangea, spyrea. I've put tiny solar lights on the bushes surrounding her garden and tonight they will come on for the first time. Later on this month her sons are coming up and we will scatter her ashes here. We will raise our glasses and toast her wonderful life and give thanks for being blessed by her presence. It will be a happy occasion full of stories about her. There's a wee tear in my eye as I type but thank you all for letting me share this with you. Her plaque will read "Till a' the seas gang dry, my Dear. And the rocks melt wi' the sun. O I will luve thee still my Dear. While the sands o' life shall run". (Rabbie Burns).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back