Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All~~~~~

It's Friday afternoon... How about chips, salsa and guacamole... Maybe the pub can send over some cold ones!
Jen

May i suggest to add cheese with that ;) i love chips and guacamole :D and... garlic and cheese :D ever tasted Dutch cheese? 4 Example Goudse kaas, Edammer Cheese, and.... oh we got great cheese :D Leerdammer id my favorite...

Cheers! ;)

Good morning everybody! I feel much better and hope everyone is doing well. I haven't heard from Anja in weeks so will check on her.

It's a cloudy sprinkley day here thank God. There is a huge fire about 20 miles from here of which they've not been able to get control. The cool air and moisture will help tremendously. The smoke and devastation is terrible! It's burned 7,675 acres already! No homes or people but the trees and wildlife loss is horrible and heartbreaking. This is going to be a rough summer for fires here I believe.

I'll message Anja now. I love and miss you all. I've just been in a bit of a funk but am rallying. Xoxoxo

TY dear Marta, how's fire, hope it ended? Hugs!

Laurel, that a double Dutch ! Ha ha. If you didn't know what you are on about , it's rather confusing. Then I read on, so it's a racehorse and an important race :)

LOL Aly, you really don;t want to know double Dutch :p hehehehe hugs from me

Toto: i was "gone"(hope is right word) too, glad to see you back! Hugs!

Hi Anja, welcome back! Love those cheeses, haven't been shopping lately to get any... Yummmmm

2 days left, woohoo. Kids can hit a barn wall from 10 feet, I came away pretty clean!

Later, gotta unpack formula!

Jen

Hi Anja, welcome back! Love those cheeses, haven't been shopping lately to get any... Yummmmm
Jen

We are both cheese monsters hehehehehe :D you should come here for a cheese fondue :D dip with bread, garlic and guacamole... heaven!

i know this isnt the right place... and i know this isnt als related...
I need prayers for a friend of mine and i need them as we speak... today is the one year anniversary of his dad's death (he got hit by a train). Well, now my friends mom was just rushed to the hospital with a heart attack.
I dont want my friend to lose his mom too. Please pray for them.

Yes, I can guess Helen! Sam gets very quiet when his hair is too short. I remember when he finally said he looked like Spock on star trek. Fringe too straight. Poor kids, their lives are full of stress.........not!

Aly, please tell me that poor Sam doesn't wear the Spock haircut. That haircut was dorky when Star Trek (the original) was airing on TV in its original run. I definitely know because I was a little bit younger than Sam is now when the original Star Trek went off the air I definitely know because I was a little bit younger than Sam is now when the original Star Trek went off the air and we thought it was dorky then.

Liz, prayers for your friend, you're in the right place! Candle burning and thoughts and prayers for him and his mom! Hope it helps, keep us updated please... Hugs xxx

Ok dear ones, as for an update see the rants and raves ;) now on my way to bed, about to, not on my way yet... need another glass of syrups black berries, yummie :)

Hi All~~~~
Formula unloaded and prayers on the way Liz!

I AM on a countdown! These kids were immature when I got them and they aren't much better now. I've got three boys that couldn't tie their shoes! They're 10 for Pete's sake! Other teachers have called them "weenie-whiner boys". Helicopter parents, yikes! I dumped a desk the other day because the student was smoothing one sheet of paper at a time.... Would've taken a week..... Found so much stuff, 3 of my books, 20 missing assignments, pistachio hulls, an empty pudding cup, 25 broken pencils, candy wrappers, gum wrappers plus other junque... Sent it all home in her backpack...that was 4 weeks worth...so 12 hours left! Woohoo!

Laurel, great story! I've been on a horse once as a 9/10 year old. The only command it would follow was "home", so while the rest of the troop went on a ride in nature, my horse went home!

Anja, we'll be in Amsterdam on a layover in a month... I hope to get some cheese to eat....

Helen, sorry about the illness and haircut... Kids can be pretty cruel about bad haircuts, perceived or otherwise

Pie, still raining? We are going to have a brutal fire season!

Another ball game tonight, hope they snap their losing streak...

Left out some chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies,

Jen

Jen, you're invited in The Hague if you like, pm me it would be great to meet, it is not far from Amsterdam (40 minutes by car, 45 by train) let me know and enjoy your time there!

Ok off to bed... thanks to you dear friends!

XOXOXO
Anja

Hooty hoo Anja, Jen, TR, JoniPie, Laurel, and whoever else is flying by. The fire is almost out and is well under control. Yes, it's going to be a fiery summer I'm afraid Jen.

Mom is here until Jume 2! Sis Lisa will be here from MI 5/29 and will fly back to MI with Mom. Nephew from CA will be in town Wed. And we'll have lunch with him in Denver. Mom is driving me around since I stopped driving. It's not so bad not driving as long as someone's can tote me! :)

I feel much better. Scheduling the bathroom remodel for sometime mid to late June. In the mean time I have a shower chair in the tub.

I'm better but still have a hole in my heart. Xoxoxoxoxox

Jen you might like this horse story. When we got our first horse which was Polly (racing name Under Control) she was free as she bowed a tendon on her 12th race. She recovered after a few months of stall rest. When she was first let out into a larger paddock after her healing period, she would leap straight up as high as our fences with all four feet off the ground like a big pogo stick--a real sight to behold. We were very green riders then. One day hubby and I decided to saddle up Polly and Duke (he was an appaloosa trained to the eyebrows). Hubby hadn't been on a horse since childhood on the farm where he rode old work horses. We headed off to the local trails--Polly prancing, dancing, going sideways, and totally ready to run off with hubby. I was on old Duke who was head strong and barn sour. We got about a mile along the trail when suddenly Duke spun around and decided to run for home. Well being a green rider I had no control of him so off we went. Polly had been up ahead with hubby holding on for dear life. When Polly saw Duke running for home, hubby got a taste of what it was like to be a jockey in a horse race. He shouted at me, "Stop Duke!" Well I had no idea how to stop the bugger and shouted out "I can't". Hubby and Polly blew by us heading for home. Polly had won most of her races at the track, and I would judge she did the fastest time in her life as she headed for home. Polly leaped a ditch and dumped hubby and as he lay there with the wind knocked out of him he glared at me and said, "for F---sake why didn't you stop Duke?" Fortunately hubby couldn't get his hands on me as Duke was going mach 10 trying to catch Polly <g>. Can't believe we saddled up again in a few days and had another adventure. Those were the days of our youth when we felt invincible.
Laurel

Allen, no he doesn't have the spoke cut anymore. I go with him and make sure they feather his fringe :)
He has the Justin Beiber fringe at present.........and he hates Justin Beiber! Anyway now he will get in trouble at school. It's very strict about everything, including hair lengths.

Great story Laurel.

Liz I will be praying for you friend and his mom. Big hugs to you.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back