Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Southborough
There have been so many good recipes posted in the different threads that I've been collecting, and I'm thinking about trying to put them all together in a booklet that I can post as a pdf for our members. It started with Ann's recipes, but there are many more...

So as a start, I've copied and pasted many of them into a file that I'll be formatting; I'd also like to use the forum name and possibly photo if the member agrees of course, if not, just list the name.

It started as the easy recipes for our caregivers, some of whom we're training to take over the cooking; however I also think it can be any favorite recipe that you'd like to share with others. Lo-cal, high-cal, whatever you'd like to include, as I'd also like to get a section on PEG feeding tips and recipes, as that will help us all who choose to go that route.

So, anyone interested? Just start posting your easy and/or favorite recipes for me, and be assured that I won't include anyone's info unless they approve it first.

Great idea. Someone makes a great cheesecake and oroe cupcakes. Oreos in the cupcake as well as in the icing. Oh I wish she would make some, I love to smell them.

Good idea, Helen. I will look for some of my favorites and contribute.

Great! This will be fun!

Here is one of our favorite recipes, I use pork instead of beef because it is cheaper.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 pounds chuck roast
15 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cubes beef bouillon
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions
1.Rub the flour into the roast. Place roast in bottom of slow cooker. Pour in the tomato sauce, onion, brown sugar, bouillon, chili powder, garlic and mustard powder. Mix well.
2.Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting for 8 hours OR on low setting for 14 to 16 hours.

Yay, Dana wins the award for the first recipe submitted...

What do you call this... Slow Cooker BBQ Pork? Let me know.

Slow Cooker BBQ pork is correct, hooray I am the first to put a recipe here, do I get an extra brownie for that ?

Dana

Helen, love love love this!

I sure hope this stay on longer it has been staying

Taco Soup

Serves 8-10

This is really good soup served with Fretos

Brown 1 lb. Ground beef and 1 onion, drain and return to pot.

Add:

3 cans Cambell’s Minestrone soup

2 cans Black Ranch Style beans ( I used Pinto Ranch Style beans.)

½ can of Rotel (I use the whole can so I don't have to store any)

1 can water (I added more because the soup was really thick.)

Cook 20 minutes until hot. Serve.

Yum! I'll add it to the pile I'm collecting... Sorry Dana, I think Di is feeding those brownies to her grandkids... maybe they'll settle down then, huh?

Oops, Caldona, what is Rotel? Not sure, and what size can?

Also looking for good PEG recipes for caregivers... I've picked some up off of other posts, and will include some of those.

Rotel is tomatoes w/green chilis.

This is really good

Rotel Dip

Can of Rotel
Lb. Velveete cheese

I chunk the cheese into a bowl add Rotel heat in Microwave for a minute or so take out and stir reheat until cheese melts.

Yum, I feel my waistline expanding... I love Velveeta cheese mixed with salsa and nuked, similar idea.

To the cheese dip you can add a can each of chilie and talmals(not spelled right)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back