Diagnosis
01/2006
Country
US
State
xxx
City
on the plains
Hi, all. Greg is now completely wheelchair bound. His color is good and attitude is sassy.
His breathing stats are lower, per the ALS dr.
Now his feet are cold all the time. He is on the vent at night. He also gets his feet rubbed as needed.
Does anyone have suggestions besides socks? Is there a magic trick? (Oh, how we all wish, huh?)

Hi Hopeful Warrior,

These foot warmers were suggested to me yesterday by a few people on the forum here including BarryG and Mare. I was asking the same thing for my Dad.

Here is the link http://www.brookstone.com/pain-relief-products_hot-cold-booties.html

I am so happy to hear that Greg is sassy. My Dad is too and it just blows me away. My father's wheelchair has been ordered. It seems I am more upset about that than he is. Of course I don't show it to him because he is so positive and I strive to be more like him. :)

All the best!
Thelma

Hopeful,

My husband has cold feet as well. Check the thread "foot warmers"- there is a link for "booties" from Brookstone. My husband loves these!

The "sock" part has inserts that are taken out & heated in a microwave. My husband likes to mold these in & around his toes to keep them toasty! Granted, they don't look like much- he was very leary when he first saw them- can't go without them now.

Granted, no magic trick; just a temporary solution, but any source of comfort does help- him & me!

I posted a link to these foot warmers. It is pending approval from a moderator.

thank you, thank you, thank you!

My husband's favorite new socks are from REI- "Smartwool Socks".
He has the "mountaineer" style"- they are extra thick & come up higher on his calf (midway). He wears these with his AFO's & shoes and finds them very comfortable & warm. They are available on the REI website.

Ongoing battle to keep his feet warm!

Here is what solved my problem.

Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back