Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
East Coast
City
NA
Do any of you take this medication? What results if any have you found? I am being asked to consider taking it and just looking for some insight. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I take 400mg daily. As far as results I can't say. I will say that studies done show no efficacy in terms of slowing progression. If you intend to take it for that don't bother. It has been shown to help in general health matters. It can be expensive if you don't shop around.

Thanks for the reply Zen. I am currently waiting for a diagnosis. It appears to be leaning towards some sort of mnd/neuropathy. My doctor feels this medication is worth a try and asked me to look into it and we can discuss it at my next appointment.
Thank you again for your reply, I really do appreciate your repsonse.

Hi Willow. My husband has CIDP-MADSAM variant. He takes 400mg. daily and has been doing so for about a year. Can't say if it is helping or not. It is taken for general health as Jeff says. But there is so much literature out there about deficiencies in various vitamins, minerals etc. and just effects of poor diet precipitating or exacerbating some of these conditions that I think it is worth adding it to his daily regime.
Laurel

I've been taking 30 mg daily for a number of years, since before ALS. As Jeff says, it is for general health. I had heard that you need it if you take statins, as it counteracts some of the damage statins do to your body.

It seems to be a useful supplement and is considered by some (such as the nurses in my cardiac rehab clinic) to be good for your heart. I have never experienced any side effects from it (of course, I'm taking a low dose), so if your doctor recommends it, I'd follow his advice.

BethU

CoEnzyme Q10

Take it!

We need all the help for our immune system that we can furnish it. Besides much knowledge in ALS is still not there.

Take care.

Caroliney

My PALS husband started taking 300mg. daily on the advice of his ALS neurologist as soon as he was DX. That was a little over a year ago. It is good for your heart & immune system.

I take it 100mg, 400 Vit E and Vit C daily. Hasn't killed me yet.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back