Diagnosis
07/2020
Country
US
State
NY
City
Westchester
I met someone who suggested I check out Clene as they are in the process of developing this very exciting drug called CNM-Au8 which is part of the Healy platform.Clene’s lead drug candidate, CNM-Au8, a catalytically active gold nanotherapeutic, is the result of a patented manufacturing breakthrough. The catalytically active nanocrystals of CNM-Au8 drive critical cellular energy producing reactions in the brain that enable neuroprotection and remyelination by increasing neuronal and glial resilience to disease-relevant stressors. CNM-Au8 crosses the blood-brain barrier and is not associated with the toxicities related to synthetic gold compounds or nanoparticles manufactured via alternative methods. CNM-Au8 is being evaluated in a Phase 3 registration trial for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).

Has anyone heard about his drug? The link to their press release is:

Clene Announces Completion of Patient Enrollment in the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial

Yes, I have followed this proposed therapy a bit. The Phase 2 study done in Australia did not reach primary or secondary endpoints, although there appeared to be some encouraging trends at different weeks of the treatment.

Like so many therapies being tested, it could have modest effects, but certainly nothing to jump up and down about right now. I’ll be interested in the Healey Phase 3 Study.

The approach to treating sporadic ALS will probably be a bunch of medications that each have a positive effect. The key is finding all these medications, and then determining which combination is best for each patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back