Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
My clonus has gotten really bad, particularly in my left wrist (dominant hand) and comes on when I try to do pretty much anything with that hand/wrist. In this video I elicited clonus by simply trying to lift/cock my wrist: New video by Kristina Golji

any way to decrease this reaction? I feel like I have parkinsons but this is NOT tremor it's clonus

Mine comes on when I’m cold, so putting on extra layers seems to help. Otherwise??

i get it in my hands if they get turned up, so I ask for them to be turned over, because I can't move them on my own, and it stops.
the really bad ones are in my jaw, I end up biting my toung and cant open my jaw till its over. Those ones hurt.

i haven't found a way to stop them, just have to let it finish.

cold make mine worse and will definitely get them all going, but they are bad at baseline when I'm warm and comfortable.

trixie jaw definitely sucks. we've found that if my husband holds my jaw shut firmly it helps the clonus subside.

I never knew what to call it. I just thought of it as a spasm. Mine were worse awhile ago. Fingers clamp down, jaw clamps shut, tongue gets bitten. They don’t last very long. I’ve been Mexiletine for cramps but was testing a gradually reduced amount. As I got down to one pill a day the spasms / clonus started up again. At two pills a day it’s decreasing again. I might go back to the full dosage of three per day to see if it improves even more.

I think the Mexilitene has helped me have minimal clonus and cramps. I take two a day.

yes, it is clonus. do you have it in a right hand, also? i have leg clonus. mostly right (starting from butt), but sometimes left. can you control it? i can stop clonus when concentrate. sometime i can induce it, allso.
it occurs sometimes when i think that i am cold (shaking), but actually i am not cold. for some reason it starts at evenings for unknown reason. my neuro differs clonus and subclonus.

Last edited:
when I shake and think I'm cold but am not cold i use a weighed blanket and that helps. and like jethro mine usually happens at night

when it happens in my jaw my toung gets caught and I can't open it up for a few seconds.

I have it my right thumb...go figure. It gets much worse when I overuse it.

I've had terrible cramps in my jaw when I've eaten something that I have to chew hard. Once it locked shut.....probably something Fred was pleased with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back