Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Nevada
City
Reno
Hi all. Im a 22 yo male .So my symptoms started 2 years ago. Began with bodywide fasics, countless areas of perceived weakness but mainly in my right thumb. I've been to 4 different doctors and had 2 emg's done and the only abnormality was a spot of "irritation" in my right thumb. However the past month or so I feel as if clinical weakness has really started to take off. My writing has been jittery and not as neat and the thing that really scared me is while I was bowling the other day my right bicep and forearm got extremely weak. Literally 2 days ago I was able to normally curl my 35 lbs dumbells and after the arm weakness occurred at the bowling alley it's extremely hard to curl that same dumbell with my right arm. In fact anything involving my bicep in that arm feels so much harder than usual. Also my right hand and fingers feel so much clumsier. I have a gp appointment tomorrow to see if he notices the weakness. So my question is that has anyone of you felt arm weakness like this for your early symptoms? And did it come out of nowhere like that? I appreciate any time any of you can spare.

(mod note) before posting replies, please make sure to access past history to get the whole picture:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3910049

Hi Christian-

Your best bet, and this has always been so, is to speak to your doctor in person instead of asking for the opinions of people who can not examine you in a clinical setting.

You have had an extensive posting history here over the last two years. Each time you've posted, you've been given that same advice. You did indicate you were seeing someone for your anxiety as well. It's never easy to have your life taken over by health concerns- regardless of whether they are boosted by additional anxiety. It's important to keep up with sessions before it gets to the point where you feel forced to post on a forum that's likely added to your health worries as you go over other peoples' posts for clues about your own concerns.

See a physio. This is not a frivolous recommendation. A physio can take baseline measurements in strength, etc, and provide exercises to improve or support instability and weakness. They conduct gait assessment and look into the mechanics of your body. As you do their exercises, they can track changes and provide a very professional and official record of changes and deficiencies. This forum can't do all that. This forum can only provide informed opinions based on your subjective reporting of symptoms and your past record of posting.

All that to say, see your doctor. Ask them for help. Do not ask strangers on the internet for the umpteenth time to help you diagnose yourself with ALS. It's simply not possible- and it's quite obvious you haven't believed anyone here for the last two years when they've tried to give you facts and reassurance.

Write a list of concerns to bring to your doctor. Make sure you include everything. Best wishes

Okay thanks for the reply. I have an appt with my gp tomorrow to see if he notices anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back