Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after all my complaints and appeals, next week I am having my 6th EMG - the purpose of which will be to determine the best muscle to perform a biopsy on. Thank God! Biopsy should be completed within two weeks.

I know it's a cliche but I just want an answer. The good news is that the doc said you can never say never but my case is "very very very unlikely" (three very's) to be ALS. Lots of other bad stuff out there and his next words were that my case is so odd that "all bets are off". He is trying to find one disease that explains muscle and nerve pain, weakness, fasciculations, and hyperreflexia. And elevated CK.

I'm just glad that I'm finally getting a biopsy...

I can only give advice on one point. I was dissatisfied with my insurance (Kaiser) and was in a position where I would have to wait a year to switch to the other insurance offered by my employer. I checked with HR at my work and explained the problems I was having. They were able to make an exception and had my insurance switched in a few days. Getting out of Kaiser and into a PPO made a world of difference for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back