Not open for further replies.

smilerici

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
hello. I am from japan and suffer from als. I know that there are several clinical trials going on in the US. Are there people in the forum who are participating in clinical trials? I wonder if there are people who say that the progress has been slowed down by participating in clinical trials.

If you are in Japan and diagnosed ( please fix your profile interest, add a dx date and adjust location it is confusing) there are clinical trials there. In fact the original radicava and methylcobalamin trials were in Japan. Ask your neurologist if there is a good one for you. There are a few recruiting. People in trials are generally in non disclosure agree,ents and aren’t supposed to discuss. Plus they don’t know if they are getting placebo or not. However research done a few years ago found people in trials seemed to benefit even though the trials failed and there wasn’t a difference between treatment and placebo. There is probably some benefit in the more frequent visits plus the relationship with the clinic staff

Which part of Japan are you in? As Nikki mentioned, Japan has its own clinical trials. If you could tell me which part of the country, perhaps I could better guide you, as I know the country well.

Why does your profile say you're from Canada?

Last edited:
hello. I am from japan and suffer from als. I know that there are several clinical trials going on in the US. Are there people in the forum who are participating in clinical trials? I wonder if there are people who say that the progress has been slowed down by participating in clinical trials.
in japan there's the drug called FASUDIL. have you considered to try it? are pals trying it in japan?

Would it not be respectful if all persons wishing to post here did so with a completed profile?
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back