Clinic Visit and Memory Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
or the 6 p's from my harvard mba :)

Max I get the feeling you possibly belonged to a group akin to Dead Poets Society.
I'm right...hey...aren't I.....I know it.....

J x

>Max I get the feeling you possibly belonged to a group akin to Dead Poets Society.

:)

>the 6 p's from my harvard mba

prior planning prevents piss poor performance :)

Maybe not Dead Poets..More like Dead Alliterationers!
J x

At my clinic visit yesterday they refused to allow me to take there FTD test. They said I was to depressed (according to the quality of life work sheet and there opinions) and the test would be scewd by that. I did find the following link online from Hershey (where I go) that I thought was interesting and helpful, it opens a powerpoint from a meeting they held some time ago.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...yssfC-wGw&sig2=wgs8eDhpkGG-_vFJeIBBDg&cad=rja

Interesting that they said this about depression skewing the score for FTD.

They should possibly have been attempting to identify whether you have a simple depression or whether FTD is presenting in ways that are being presumed to be depression. It's been a common thing to confuse the two conditions.

Are you taking anything for depression?

Nikki that's a great link. Interestingly FTD is often easiest diagnosed by questioning the partner as they can identify the changes more reliably.

Tillie, no I am not, and will not. I do not think I am clinically depressed. I am very realistic about what is happening. And the questions they ask are completely idiotic. Of course nothing is the same as it use to be and this freaking disease makes everything more difficult and puts a damper on all of it. I think I just anger them because I refuse their meds for everything from pain to cramps to anti depressants.

I took the test and my wife did also for me - according to it I definitely have a problem - oh well they cant do anything about it anyway.

I asked for a prescription for red wine and they would not give me that but where more than willing for all other drugs? I was looking for a prescription so that my insurance good pay for my drinking solution (not problem).

Tillie, no I am not, and will not. I do not think I am clinically depressed. I am very realistic about what is happening. And the questions they ask are completely idiotic. Of course nothing is the same as it use to be and this freaking disease makes everything more difficult and puts a damper on all of it. I think I just anger them because I refuse their meds for everything from pain to cramps to anti depressants.

I took the test and my wife did also for me - according to it I definitely have a problem - oh well they cant do anything about it anyway.

I asked for a prescription for red wine and they would not give me that but where more than willing for all other drugs? I was looking for a prescription so that my insurance good pay for my drinking solution (not problem).

Let me know if you come up with a code for it.

I've seriously tried to figure out a way to get massages billed under a code that would allow for reimbursement or something.

I've got a clinic a week from tomorrow and am already kinda inclined to blow it off (but won't). At the end of the day what I took away from the last one was that it was more about them trying to figure out how to best pigeon-hole me/my symptoms as opposed to really studying my issues in depth. Lots of standard rhetoric/advice some of which was so obviously out of touch with my particular condition that is was almost embarrassing.

Hi Gooseberry. My Steve has the same exact issues and does not realize it either.

I had been complaining to friends since the beginning of this journey that my grammar, spelling, vocabulary and ability to retain new information had declined significantly. I wasn't worried about it. I was frustrated by it. I had been a writer. Words used to come easy and my retention was always spot on. I had no idea the decline was related to the disease. At least, the test validated to me that it wasn't my imagination. Interesting.

Scaredwifetx, the latest thing has been getting the house painted. Steve had to sign the hoa paperwork so we could get it authorized. He got really mad when we were talking about it saying I was springing it on him. Ultimately I had to show him the paperwork. He was frustrated because he really doesn't remember several important things. He is having some personality changes. More willing to spend money, more easily frustrated and angered. ...

I wasn't trying to show him up I just didn't like being called a liar. Later he says he didn't mean it. I think he is showing progression more cognitively right now than physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back