Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless Pete my offer stands, I meant to say it more in the tone of 'if she ever changes her mind and wants to talk'. I do know that just now she won't talk to anyone. I truly feel for her as she is grieving in her own way, she is just using denial to try and avoid it.

I would think you would enjoy the cruise more with the DPS and PEG to be honest. Your breathing can be supported and you can either use the peg or not as you know.

So many hard choices all the time. Ummmmm loser? I think NOT

Tripete.. Sorry youve had a rough few days..butting in, just to say that people in our local group are pleased with their peg , and don't regret having it done..my wife is in denial a bit too, did use the d word earlier.. I hope to bring her to the site when she's accepted what's going on, I hope you're wife will too...think Gooseberry is right, counseling can be hugely beneficial.... Hope you have a better week...

I have to second what Nuts said. The soonest you can get things done and get dps the better. It is not just numbers. If you get there and the diaphragm can not be stimulated properly it can't be done In the mean time try to use your bipap as much as possible if the hopes of keeping as much function as you can. I am truly sorry for you and your wife. So hard for both of you!

My thoughts are with you and your wife Pete. My parents are in a similar situation and have been married 48 years. I know my father can't imagine leaving my mother so he is fighting until the bitter end. On the flip side my mother can't imagine her life without him but thankfully she has begun counseling. He refuses and won't talk openly about the situation which makes it harder because no one knows if he's suffering in silence. He's not one to ask for help. So difficult for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back