Clearing of Throat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have recently had occosasions were food was coming back out my nose. I want to the ENT and he said I had GERD (put some kind of scope down my nose) - no problems drinking or swallowing food or speech. Does this make sense? Could it be the first sign of Bulbar ALS (I have read this happens sometimes)...

Thanks,

Joe

Have you researched GERD as much as you have researched ALS? GERD can be very serious, I think you should listen to your dr and investigate GERD. You have described alot of the symptoms of GERD in your posts. Please look into it.

makes sense, didn't realize GERD was serious at all...

Yes, the acid can eat away your esphogus, can cause breathing problems, voice changes, reguritation( food coming back up). You need to research it and listen to the dr. Some people have had to have surgery. It can be very serious.

Went to mod, but jest was re search it. A very seri ous dis ease.

Thanks for the information. I just heard that food coming out of the nose was a sympton of bulbar als.... Which made me look past GERD which I have actually been diagnosed with.

Regur itation (food coming back up) is also a symp tom of GE RD. I think you should stop looking at als and look at what the dr said.

First sign of bulbar als is not food coming back from nose but it's slurred speech and problems in swallowing liquids. Food that comes back from nose is often a symptom of myasthenia gravis and it is certainly a symptom of Gerd. Trust the doctors and stop focuzing on als.

Hello Jellis86,

Hello Everyone, I am been taking my aneixty medication but am fearing that I might have some symptons of bulbar als disease. I think I have been having trouble speak. For example; when I said vision today some thought I said mission. And my wife on occasion say "what did you say?" but that is usually when we are not having a one on one conversation. I went to my ENT yesterday and he scoped my throat and looked at my tongue and did not notice anything. I am also able to move my tounge around easly and indent my cheeks (not too sure is this matters or not). I am not getting a neuro to see me for at least 3 months. Does any of this sound like the beginning of bulbar als? Is it very noticable symptons? Thank you so much, please understand how much folks like yourself do for people like me.

YOU . . . HAVE . . . GERD! WHY? Because a trained physician evaluated you and came-up with that diagnosis based on your signs and symptoms. Sorry to tell you that there are no signs or symptoms (you have shared) that would indicate in any way (even though you have "read" that there are) you have bulbar-onset ALS, as much as it seems you want to have it. Maybe you can pick throat cancer as your next disease. Good luck to you in the treatment of your VERY treatable condition . . . GERD! Good luck to your wife, too, whom I'm sure you're driving absolutely nuts with this ALS nonsense.

P.S. Don't forget to treat your biggest problem: HEALTH ANXIETY!

Hello,

As you can see, it was been a few weeks since I have posted a question (trying to deal with my health aniexty). But I do have one questions. I have been biting the side of my tongue a few times over the past week. I went back to my ENT to check on tongue and he saw nothing. Could this be a cause of concern for als? Not squallowing or speech issues that I know of.

Thanks for you patience.

Still no.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back