Status
Not open for further replies.
vantec said:
Hi Pat,

How did they diagnosed you without an abnormal EMG?

Conrad
By process of elimiation I was told and by clinical exam. Pat

paula-jane said:
I know that there are many people on here who have experienced a positive diagnosis for ALS and it has turned out to be something else.. and of course the opposite happens as well.

It's pretty difficult to get an ALS diagnosis but I know that a few people have been diagnosed in error--that's why I always advise visitors here to be seen at an ALS center. But I certainly don't think there are "many people" on this board who received an incorrect ALS diagnosis. Unfortunately--or perhaps not--the opposite happens all the time.

Unfortunaly there is no test for als only process of elimination so you can get a clean emg and have als .emg do not rule als out. Pat

I am only too aware of how difficult it is to get an ALS diagnosis.. I don't think that was the point I was trying to make.... Conrad, take it one day at a time.... the diagnosis (whatever it may be) will eventually be determined. EMG's are not the sole diagnostic tool, but they are an important part of the diagnostic process. It's a long complicated process, based on the exclusion of every other possible disease or disorder. I apologize for the inference that there are many incorrect diagnosis' on this site.. that was not at all my intention. I hope that was not all you were able to take from my post Meg, in any event, thanks for correcting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back