Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Oakville
Good afternoon,
Some of you know my story. In short, I have had a clean EMG on my limbs in the last two weeks, but have been getting worrisome symptoms since.
When lightly flexing quadriceps (taking a step) and biceps( brushing teeth) I am able to see many small twitches under the skin in those areas.
I was wondering if anyone feels that they could comment on this situation. The twitchs seem to be those that are characteristic of ALS, thouugh my EMG included a bicep and a quadricep needle.
Thank you

I suggest everyone answer his question on his visitor page. We have already answered these questions on his other threads. This is thread #5 under this name. He has started threads under at least one other name. Maybe he willisten if We post there. By the way, Wright has posted 7 times to his visitor page.

Last edited:
This is a new concern. Please do not undermine my efforts at gatheringf information about my situation. I took full responsibility for posting prevoiously and now simpky wish to gather the imput of those that are willing to share. If you look closely at my other posts, this question has not neen asked as it is a new symptom for me. I am very concerned and simply requesting comments and insight. Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,

A new concern, however with a clean EMG, the answers are the same. Wright posted 7, Yes SEVEN Times telling you this.

Last edited:
Healthy 1, this is not a new concern.

This is you trying to have yet more fun at the expense of the posters who have so generously given their precious time and precious energy to help you.

No more.

Please everyone, go to his visitor page and read what Wright has told him. If he ignores Wright and his advice, he will surely ignore our advice. Wright is the expert. We are just people who live this nightmare 24/7.

Everyone on this site has either gone through the anxiety and pain of receiving a diagnosis or fearing one. I am one of those folks and wish I could simply reach out to those here. My anxiety drove me to act irresponsibly on the forum and I have taken ownership for that. I am not manipulating anyone. I am in great pain here and need some counsel. I am getting help for my anxiety and would like the support of the people on this forum regarding my physical symptoms. I truly feel that my questions relating to new symptoms are fair question and new questions. They are appropriate for this forum.
Sadiemae, I would love the opportunity to pm you if possible.
Thank you again for considering my position and my request for your thoughts.
With great appreciation.

No, you have no appreciation for anyone other than yourself.

You asserted in a previous thread that you knew you were distressing people on the forum but you went ahead and did it anyway because the only thing you care about is what you want.

Sorry but I don't care what you want..

I should have added this; if you were genuinely getting help for your anxiety then you would not be here. The first rule of cognitive therapy is to stop doing the things you are doing which are engendering anxiety. In your case that would be stopping coming to this forum..

H1 you have very much worn out your welcome, no one is buying your sincerity at this point, move on, or at least get a new name and start over again.

Kiwi,
I think he did yesterday... The poster was very similar in writing and symptoms.

what did your doctor say about your problem brushing your teeth ?

Jen,
I agree, I'm looking forward to his fourth round at this point and a wee bit of an effort to attempt and mix it up a little, if for no other reason than to try and hold our interest.

Everyone on this site has either gone through the anxiety and pain of receiving a diagnosis or fearing one

That is a very general statement. My husband never feared a d x of ALS, as he had no clue what was wrong with him. He just dealt with the REAL short comings that prevented him from doing his job efficiently and never gave it another thought until he could no longer ignore it. Of course receiving the d x is quite a shock. But, my husband had the fortitude to move on and not dwell on it.

Like I suggested on your profile page - get the book and read up, instead of reading a bunch of nonsense on the net.

You have no idea what is consistent with ALS, if you did, you'd know ALS twitches are almost always seen after significant weakness and atrophy.

I'm not answering this for you, but for the next person to read your thread. Clean EMG means no. ALS. ASKED AND ANSWERED, give it up. We are not going to tell you it's like anyone with ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back