Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
City
Boston
First off, thank you for reading and please note that I have read the sticky as well as other comments/posts. I am simply looking for clarification to confirm my suspicions.

I am currently 24 (25 in a month) and over the past few weeks have noticed a stiffness in my pinky finger (sometimes accompanied by joint pain) but no noticed weakness (perceived or clinical). Additionally (say past four days), I have noticed a twitch in my index finger on the same hand that may happen ~5 times a day that forces the finger to noticeably move side to side. Again I have not seen any atrophy or experienced any weakness and given this as well as the occasional pain near the pinky finger and index finger (top of the hand) I am assuming this is more related to an ulnar nerve issue than ALS/MND.

Just looking to confirm that I am understanding the sticky and disease progression correctly and thank you for your time.

Hockey

You seem to have missed the one that says something about falling not feeling. All your symptoms are sensory. ALS is a purely motor neuron disease. If you don't have weakness you don't have ALS. Please stay away from Dr Google.
Vincent

Vincent,

Thank you. I did notice the one regarding failing not feeling and believe I assumed correctly given everything else but just wanted clarification.

Sorry for being another post to clog the forum.

Real quick - have also recently noticed my pinky finger has felt weak and tends to curl under my ring finger when making a fist. I am also avoiding using the finger when typing but can still pinch and grab with the same normal strength. I am correct in assuming this is unrelated as well, correct?

Thanks

Yes go to the doctor for diagnosis but do not worry about ALS

Thank you and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back