Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
I think I have said it before, but when my symptoms started, i was taking cipro for a stomach virus, and i ended up having a parasite...well anyway..I have researched and read that side effects from cipro poisoning can include neuropathy... I guess my question is with Neuropathy can you have wasting?

Have you called your neurologist or doctor to ask about it? That would be my first step.
Best of luck.

nueropathy can affect sensory or motor nerves

^^ im sorry but does that mean yes neuropathy can affect muscle bulk, and can you just have neuropathy and nothing else...

I have a allergic reaction to cipro, and ironically my symptoms started with my reaction to taking it.. Cipro can really be a bad med.

Hoping - I was taking an antibotic for a sinus infection when my symptoms started. I don't know which antibotic it was. MY husband was going to our GP and I asked him to ask the dr if he could get a perscription for me, because I had a sinus infection. The dr gave him enough samples for me to take, and probably didn't put in in my file as he was doing me a favor.

codya- yes motor nueropathy will cause atrophy.

Hoping -
Do you have a diagnosed? Thanks.

Peripheral neuropathy is a problem with the nerves that carry information to and from the brain and spinal cord to the rest of the body. This can produce pain, loss of sensation, and an inability to control muscles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a peripheral neuropathy can most certainly cause muscle weakness and muscle atrophy, if the motor portion of the nerve is affected.

In that case there may be Tendon effects and so that Patients should rest and refrain from exercise until the diagnosis of tendinitis or tendon rupture has been excluded.

anodyne therapy

Not sure about this being related but I'll go out on a limb and allow it.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back