Not open for further replies.

makarov12

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
08/2021
Country
TR
Hi everyone ! First of all I would like to offer my sincerest respect for all members of this forum. English is not my first language so apologizes for my mistakes. So here is my story: In April 2021, fasciculations started in my right hand. I didn't care about it but it didnt go away. (was always at my hypothenar section of my right hand.) So I went to a neurologist and he wanted blood tests/emg/mr. Everything was fine. So it has been months and now I'm having fasciculations all over my body. And sometimes this sudden jerks. (I suppose they are called Myoclonus) So I went to the neurologist again. After an examination he said i have "hyperreflexes and minimal atrophy in my right hand". I didnt have any clinical weakness or any weakness feeling. He could start the fasciculations with just hitting my arm. He wanted another EMG. In the EMG everything was fine except a few fasciculations. Doctors told i have no weakness. After that i went to another neurologist and he performed an examination and told me he couldnt see any atrophy. And my reflexes are probably more active because I am young. (23 years old) But he wanted to see another EMG in 2 months. I asked him if it is possible in MND to have fasciculations over 5 months but still no weakness ? He told me there are some cases starting with fasciculations but these are "atypical presentations". So what do you think about my story ? Has anyone started like this ? Thank you all in advance.

NOPE not a chance this is ALS and I think you have had multiple doctors examine you and tell you this.
Twitching means nothing, truly not a thing at all. Myoclonic jerks mean nothing, I've had them for more than twice the number of years you have been alive.
Just get on with life, let this go.

Thank you for your answer sir. Unfortunately my doctors only told me it would be "highly unlikely" so I wanted to know does anyone have a story similiar to mine. Best regards.

Please read this carefully

You won't get replies from anyone with a similar story as you don't have ALS symptoms. Only people with ALS or people caring for someone with ALS are allowed to contribute to your thread. Others who have feared having ALS have had stories like yours, but they can't post here.

Please go back and work with your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back