Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
windsor
I am so excited! We are going to have a Christmas party! My Grandma who was recently diagnosed with als will be there, and will surely be the centre of attention....but i'm not sure she wants this... any ideas on how i can help the focus of a xmas party shift from Grandma and food to.... something else?

I've always wanted to do a breif 5 minute video or slide show on the history of our family. Not so much the genaology, more like who did us proud, how past generations lived, why as a group we are so special. Kind of like a tribute to Gram but celebrating the bunch of you. JMO. Cindy

Favorite generational foods

Maybe cook up the favorite recipes that were in your previous generations. Have each family make one or two of them. That's what we do. I can still think of them. Wine cake, orange rolls, jello salads, favorite cheeses, black forest ham with orange clove glaze, meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, big oel turkey stuffed with sage dressing, pumpkin pie, peach cobbler, Norwegian cookies and lefsa, real butter on a glass plate, canned green beans with almonds and onions sautéed in butter, big black olives, homemade pickles. sparkling cider, warm spiced cider....you'll have your own. Boy am I hungry!

We had a singing time together of Christmas carols around the piano and a time of talking about memories. I wish we would have video taped more of family members talking about some of their own experiences. One year we had each person write something down and share it.

I really like Cindy's idea, too. Good thinkin C.

And I like yours, Frizz! Your menu makes me hungry! :) Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back