Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
Today I had a bad aura which I believe was a migraine. Slight headache before and after. Similar to what I've experienced before but thought I was rid of them sinc I hadn't had any for over 10 years. It was scary. Since I had my eye lenses replaced my eye doctor took me on an emergency basis. Both eyes checked out in all ways and, by that time, I no longer had the aura and was seeing 20/25 in both eyes. My doctor gets migraines so we compared notes. He recommended what I already had taken (Valium and magnesium with Tylenol as needed.) We talked about my chronic pain and he said what do you have to lose by seeing a chiropractor. I'm still waiting for MRI but in no rush.

Do any of you PALS or CALS have good experiences with chiropractors. I've only gone once over 20 years ago and ended up with bad neck issues as a result. Now they do things differently and I'm on the list to see the best rated one in my area. Even if it only helps a little, I'll be happy.

This has been a terrible day. I was scheduled to take Ace in for a bandage change. I got the aura just before I was leaving so Fred took him. My doctor called me and wanted to see me ASAP so I had to find a ride. I called my friend but she was in quarantine because she has surgery on Wednesday. She called a mutual friend who is her best friend and Donna was here in 10 minutes. She drove me to eye doctor. Meanwhile, Fred was waiting for Ace not far so he said he'd pick me up. He thought I was at the other office which is 15 miles from where I was. After some calls back and forth, Fred headed down to where I was thinking my appointment was over. I was waiting in the room with dilated eyes. Meanwhile, Fred was outside talking with Donna and urging her to go home when Donna gets a call from our friend Karen. Her husband had a heart attack and was unresponsive. She had already called 911 but didn't know how to start compressions. By the time Donna got back to the condo, Bob and Karen were in an ambulance headed to the hospital. We have no word on Bob. He had triple bypass four months ago and started smoking again. He was looking terrible so we have no idea if he'll make it or not.

My eyes are still dilated but I'm too stressed to even get in bed.

Ace had his bandage changed so he's good for another week. Sometime I wish I were a dog. The know how to live in the present.

Hope tomorrow does better by you and that Bob is OK, Kim. I would not see a chiro that I did not know for a fact understood ALS. I disagree greatly with the "what do you have to lose" theory, and you have no evidence that the migraine was preventable. Chiro in general can damage muscles, joints and nerves. If it's gone now, I would stick with self care, stay hydrated and out of bright sun for a day or two.

Best,
Laurie

I don’t think any chiropractors would understand ALS unless they went through it with a close family member.
I would suggest talking to a neuromuscular physical therapist who also does manual therapy.

chiropractors = shudder for me, I would be very careful investigating you found one that would truly be able to help and not further hurt you.
SO sorry for such a very awful day, way too much all at once 💜💜💜

I've had three rounds of physical therapy from a neuromuscular PT. That did help straighten out my knee but didn't help with pain.

I think I'll call my primary care doctor tomorrow and see if she can call in the MRI order since my neuro can't seem to get it sent to the right place. I'm done with Jacksonville. I get better treatment locally.

Thinking of you Kim, I know that you are so very astute with your body and who is best looking after you. Please let us know how you go 💜

Boy, you have had a DAY. I hope you can get a good night's rest and start fresh tomorrow.

I fall into the camp of avoiding chiropractors. I've just heard too many bad stories from people, including MDs. I would do acupuncture before going to a chiro. Maybe wait and see if this aura returns. Hopefully it wont, but you'll have a better sense of which direction to go if you know whether or not this thing is a chronic condition.

I think I might have brought it on by taking too many collagen peptides. They help me in other ways but too much of tyramine in that and eating trigger foods.

The day had way too much drama for my taste. Do I get points for meditating last night?:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back