Chin strap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth,

Its a shame about the quality of service we get, its not like the products are defective ~ they're wonderful! but they have to be set right, and fit correctly!

My mask (that fits) is getting worn of course, the cushion is breaking down a little, (OR my face is sinking in LOL) and I have an area that tries to leak over next to my nose on my cheekbone; up high, like where it has the potential to blow into my eye. As I have dry eyes and they don't close tight either, that would be a bad thing.

I did find a solution to prevent it. I've talked about the silicone gel sheeting before, but last time I posted I could not remember the name of who makes it.

I cut a little curved piece and stick it on my face up against the mask, but not under the edge, just abutting it, where the leak is starting. It lasts through the night for me (but I'm pretty much a back sleeper) and is re-usable. The down side is it is relatively expensive, but it is great to have on hand for if a sore spot develops from mask pressing too hard,as I've also stuck it on my skin under the mask edge to protect under my nose when I'd had a strap too tight one night.

Its called "medipatch" and of the company that makes it is Medical Z. The sheeting is available in various sizes of rectangles which one cuts to fit. The intended use is prevent scarring from surgery ~ I knew I'd saved the original packaging from it somewhere, and I found it :wink: As an added bonus for me, I even had some left over ... It is good because it is thick, about 1/16". It does not have any sort of glue backing, its just very tacky/sticky on one side on its own. (I'm allergic to the type of glue on tape and bandaids )

There is a website if anyone is interested, but if you want to order, you have to call them (toll free) ~ At least this was how it was when I bought the stuff a few years ago.

Great information, Rose, thank you !

I do get red welts down my cheeks and on my nose, probably from wearing the mask too tight to try to stop leaks. I'm going to try your solution. The redness on my nose is painful sometimes. The gel around the mask splits open at the top (it's designed that way), so I think sometimes the hard plastic underneath rubs directly against the nose bone.

Rose , when my mask leaks in just that spot , I wash my face yet again , put the mask on , then I pull the skin outward , causing it to suck the mask inward. Then I turn it on . Works for me (so far - 7 yrs and counting).

my .02 - hope it helps

Glen

Are you sure that is working? I looked at your picture and think the pressure must be too high! That must hurt! LoL.

The transformation has begun. I'll be back.

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

Assimilation thwarted . If I can beat that ... maybe I can fight this sheeeiit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back